We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips and interesting places to visit around Kemer......

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,892 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips and interesting places to visit around Kemer......

Here is a list of things to do around the Kemer area. I would hope that anyone travelling to this resort town gets a chance to get out of the big hotels and explore the beautiful, natural surrounding areas. Also the culture and historical value of the area.

PHASELIS

Phaselis is reached one km after turning left 57km along the Antalya-Kemer highway. This was settled by the Rhodians in the 7th century B.C. and for many years was claimed to be the most important port city of the eastern Lycian seaboard. Phaselis has three harbours the north, the military protected and the south harbour, of which the most important is the later.

Beycik / Tahtali mountain

The Tahtali Aerial Cableway uniquely combines two classic holiday destinations – the sea and the mountains. Mount Tahtali, at 2,365m above sea level, is situated in an attractive and rapidly growing tourist area and provides the region with a new dimension.

http://www.tahtali.com/english/

To the south west of Antalya (about 70 km) you can find Beycik - an idyllic mountain village located on the Lycian coast - above the well-known tourism area Phaselis and Tekirova.

It has an altitude of 450 m to 1.000 m at the foothills of Olympos (2.400 m). Therefore, it is in the middle of the Olympos Nature Conservation Park with its pines and cedars and with a breathtaking view from the mountains on one of the most beautiful bays of Turkey.

Cirali / Olympos

Cirali / Olympos is located approx. 80km southwest from Antalya. It is quiet and peaceful village perfect for families, nature lovers and for those wishing to get away from the mass touristic cities or towns.

Once on the beach ( 4kms long -secluded - clean ) you can walk into the entrance of the ancient city of Olympos visiting the ruins located on either side of the creek.

The Chimaera ( ''Yanartas'' - as the locals call it ) is also located at the north end of the village of Cirali. To get the the flames one must either drive 4 kms along the village road to the north end of the village and from there you can walk up the mountain side aprrox 1 km ( 20 mins ) to visit the flames. This spectacular site is best visited at night or at dusk ( bring your flashlight ) There are ruins also found along the path situated closer to flames.

Arykanda

Arykanda is located 26 km. from Turuncova on the Finike-Elmali highway. After leaving the highway it is necessary to walk about 1 km. Arycanda (Arykanda) is a unique Lycian city, built upon five large terraces ascending a mountain slope, and was known for having the most pleasure and entertainment-loving (and debt-ridden) citizens. The city overlooks a magnificent valley and its view makes it one of the most spectacular sites in Lycia.

Kekova

Simena is a popular Lycian site, situated upon one of the most attractive spots of the Turkish coast. The name "Kekova" is Turkish for "plain of thyme" and describes the region encompassing the island of Kekova, the villages of Kaleköy and Üçağiz and the three ancient towns of Simena, and Tersane (meaning "shipyard", as its bay was the site of an ancient shipyard, with mostly Byzantine ruins).

Demre / Myra

Situated between Finike and Kas Myra used to be a one of the most important of six Lycian cities. Originally a coastal city the gradual build up of silt from the Demre stream has left it stranded several miles away from the sea.. Myra was abandoned after the Arab invasions in the 9th century A.D. The rock tombs and amphitheatre are worth a visit as is St. Nicholas’ church ( Demre ) nearby where the legend of Father Christmas (Santa Claus) is said to have originated.

You may not have the time to visit all of these sites but if you can get the chance to visit a few you will be pleasantly surprized. The sites closest to Kemer are Phaselis, Beycik, and Cirali.

Hope this information is also helpful. Here are all my Travel photos of Turkey that include photos of Cirali and Antalya area. Plus a few other spots worth visiting.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom

CanMom

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips and interesting places to visit around Kemer......

Stunning photos CanMom. No wonder you love Cirali so much! Are the bougainvillea also in your garden?

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,892 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips and interesting places to visit around Kemer......

Hi Attagul,

Thanks..glad you liked the photos and yes the photos of the bougainvillea are also taken from my Cirali garden. I wish I had more space on my flickr web site to share more photos with all !!! Hopefully one day you can travel down my way for a visit and a great chat !!

best regards,

CanMom

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,892 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips and interesting places to visit around Kemer......

Forgot one other place that is just off the main highway after Kemer. the small village of Ulupinar;

Also nearby to Çıralı is the Ulupinar region, which is rich in rivers and creeks. Escape the scorching heat in the summer by walking along the Ulupinar creek. You may even be tempted to take a swim in the freezing cold water of the small pools that you may come across. Here you will find many local restaurants specializing in fresh water trout dishes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulup%C4%B1nar

Ulupınar is a village situated 30 kilometres from the district centre of Kemer, in Turkey's Antalya Province. It is on the outskirts of the Olympos Valley National Park, famous for its eternal fire, and commands a region of stunning natural beauty. Particularly noted areas are the dense woods and the source of a river (which gives its name to the region; pınar meaning water source in Turkish) where icy waters spurt out from rocks at an altitude and descends in a waterfall. There are several restaurants situated along the river near the village, which is on the axis of the road from Kemer to Finike and Kumluca, and these serve trout from the river as well as more varied dishes.

The extension of Ulupınar village toward the seashore constitute the village of Çıralı, notable for its long beach and tourism facilities.

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips and interesting places to visit around Kemer......

Wow Canmom you are the best. Here's an article about the cable car.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293969-i367-k1274…

Happy Exploring All, LL

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,892 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trips and interesting places to visit around Kemer......

Hi LL and thanks...I think that both Mt. Tahtali and Ulupinar would be a great place over this weekend !! Nice and cool.

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trips and interesting places to visit around Kemer......

Wonderful photos CanMom, it made me quite homesick for you and Turkey. LL

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trips and interesting places to visit around Kemer......

Looking forward to that CanMom - maybe September when we'll be on holiday!

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,892 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trips and interesting places to visit around Kemer......

Hi to both Attagul and LL,

Yes LL I too wish you were here and can't wait until your summer visit...get the chance to meet the entire clan.

And Attagul...that would be very nice if you could stop by for a visit..look forward to that...send me a private message later if you get out this way !!

CanMom

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,892 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day trips and interesting places to visit around Kemer......

bumping up for cltverliebt.....for info regarding the Cable Car...

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,892 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day trips and interesting places to visit around Kemer......

bump........

Get answers to your questions about Kemer
Recent Conversations