We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doctors in Kemer

Which Kemer hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Benfleet, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Doctors in Kemer

Hi we are travelling to Kemer (Hotel Fantasia De Luxe) in May 2014. My mum suffered a heart attack out of the blue a few weeks ago, so is a bit worried about going even though our GP has said it is ok to go. Has anyone had any experience of the medical profession in Kemer? She just needs reassurance that should anything awful happen there is help on hand. If anyone has been to a nearby medical centre/hospital and can reassure her, that would be kind. Many thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doctors in Kemer

Hello

I'm afraid I don't have any experiences of hospitals in Turkey so can't really help you there. Have found www.canhospital.com.tr in Kemer on Google and they have a cardiology department so maybe just knowing that there is somewhere nearby will be reassuring enough for her. Just some other bits of advice that may be of some help. If your mum hasn't already started see if there's cardio rehab classes in her local hospital - that may improve her confidence a lot if she can get started before your holiday. Take extra supplies of medications with you just in case a bag goes missing - maybe you can have some spare supplies with you. Am sure you will but make sure you declare the heart attack when getting the travel insurance - the best quote and cover that we found last year was with Free Spirit Travel Insurance.

Am sure that once she'll get over there she'll be having a such a lovely time she'll forget all about it:-)

Sunshine

portland uk
Level Contributor
79 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doctors in Kemer

I was admitted to a hosp in Kemer when my appendix burst whilst on holiday. I had emergency surgery and two nights stay. The care was second to none although the language barrier was tricky at times. Very clean as well. The only thing I would advise is to declare the heart attack to your travel insurers otherwise she may not be covered.

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
6,520 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Doctors in Kemer

A lot of medications can be bought over the counter at the pharmacies (Eczane) here so bring a copy of your mum's prescription with just in case. Most are a lot cheaper than the prescription charge in the UK. There have been some new restrictions on buying meds but I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem. Peace of mind for you both knowing that medicines are readily available and the pharmacists are very helpful.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Doctors in Kemer

Hiya panda althou i havnt been to the area you are going to i had the miss fortune to end up in hospital when i was in altinkium 4yrs ago with kidney stones and i honestly could not fault the medical help i got while in hospital for 4 days the hospital was second to none for help medical care cleanlines they honestly could not have done any more to make me as comfy as possible in sure ure mum will be fine and IF anything goes wrong you are in safe hands just make sure your insurance covers all medical history have a great time Stevie x

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Doctors in Kemer

There are 2 great private hospitals in Kemer and I have experience with both and would recommend either one

first one is anadolu hastanesi;

www.anatoliahospital.com/contact.php?id=1

the other one is Yaşam Hastanesi

yasamhastaneleri.com/…kemeryaamletiim

they both have translators and good english speaking doctors

also as other have mentioned you better check your travel insurance and dont travel without any travel insurance suring your holiday

If you watch the BBC 1 this Thursday at 8pm you can check out the show Holiday Hit Sqaud as they will also cover information about hospitals in Turkey and insurance

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,173 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Doctors in Kemer

Great advice and I cannot stress enough how important it is to declare all medical conditions and not just in this case as those not declared will not be covered ! Even things from years ago must be declared.

On a positive note we took my late father aged 80 for his first trip to Turkey and he had had a pacemaker fitted and heart surgery previously.The Insurance was expensive but worth it for peace of mind.

Hope you mum has a lovely holiday to help with her recovery !

Nottingham
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Doctors in Kemer

A few years ago I had the misfortune to break my back in Kemer and as a result I spent one week in the Anadolu hospital where I found the care to be excellent I would suggest far better than I would have received in the UK, the place is spotless, rooms very comfortable and the food wasn't bad, when I returned home after 6 weeks, as I chose to stay there until I could sit in an aircraft seat, my doctor was extremely impressed by the treatment and care I had received, so definitely no worries on that account. Have a great holiday.

8. Re: Doctors in Kemer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 05:15