We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barut Arum /Barut acanthus & cennet

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Barut Arum /Barut acanthus & cennet

Hi

I’m torn between the two Barut hotels , the modern Acanthus really appeals to me however after reading the Arum reviews I think there may be more going on in the way of entertainment . can anyone advise .

Also which is the nearest to the side Bars and restaurants .

Thank you in advance .

8 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,982 posts
184 reviews
1. Re: Barut Arum /Barut acanthus & cennet

The Arum is 50 mins walk along the prom, the Acanthus Cennet is 25 mins walk. You can get the little, regular bus (dolmuş) into Side from outside the front of all the hotels, altho, with the Acanthus, you have a few mins walk up to the main road first.

The Barut hotels are very goid; we've stayed at 3 but not the Arum or Acanthus. We've stayed mostly at the Andiz, which is next to the Acanthus.

The Arum will have bars & restaurants nearby, out front & is about 15-20 mins away from bars on the prom.

The Acanthus is near some out front & about 5-10 mins from those on the prom, going towards Side. Both have grounds extending to the prom & private beaches just over the prom.

Edited: 04 January 2018, 10:46
Woking, United...
Level Contributor
7,210 posts
93 reviews
2. Re: Barut Arum /Barut acanthus & cennet

Equally as good as those hotels you have chosen are ... Sentido Perissia ... Crystal Sunrise Queen ... Melas ...Barut Hemera ... all 5 star all inclusives and all right on the beach and next to the promenade, and about a half-hour walk into Old Town Side along the promenade, so just see which one offers you the best price. x Angela in Side x

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
766 posts
48 reviews
3. Re: Barut Arum /Barut acanthus & cennet

We also are huge fans of the Barut hotels, and will be visiting the Acanthus & Cennet in April. It is quite a number of years since we went to the Arum, but I am sure it is still very good as the Barut group do like to keep their hotels updated and modern.

I think the Acanthus will have the edge on style as it only opened 2 years ago and that is what appeals to us.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,740 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Barut Arum /Barut acanthus & cennet

mum stayed a the acanthus and enjoyed it handy for walking into side.

nightly entertainment animation on during day but not pushy

Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
5. Re: Barut Arum /Barut acanthus & cennet

Hi how was your trip to the Barut Anthacus

We are considered visiting in July

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,982 posts
184 reviews
6. Re: Barut Arum /Barut acanthus & cennet

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297…

The link is to a recent discussion about the Acanthus (particularly later in the thread).

Edited: 21 April 2018, 12:10
South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
766 posts
48 reviews
7. Re: Barut Arum /Barut acanthus & cennet

Hi Dave we are at the acanthus at the moment and nearly coming to the end of our two weeks. We have found this hotel to be exceptional with regards to the food and staff and the place is spotless. The only thing is maybe the evening entertainment is a bit samey (dance groups) but we did see a fantastic il divo tribute act.

I would certainly recommend this hotel for quality and it also the newest and modern hotel in the prom.

Loch Lomond and The...
Level Contributor
137 posts
35 reviews
8. Re: Barut Arum /Barut acanthus & cennet

Left theAcanthis yesterday after a 6 night stay. It was a truly lovely hotel. Entertainment was low key but when there's something on at the amphitheatre as well as the lobby bar as on our last night it's more lively. I'd imagine this will be the case more as high season approaches. For us it ticked all the boxes. Great location, superb rooms, beachfront, tasty, varied food & top service.

Age group was mixed, more 50's & over during our stay. Only a few families so a quiet resort on the whole.

A gentle 20 minute stroll along the promenade to Side. Plenty of bars & restaurants with entertainment if the hotel entertainment isn't to your liking.

Reply to: Barut Arum /Barut acanthus & cennet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Side
Recent Conversations