We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manavgat waterfall

11 posts
Manavgat waterfall

Hi in May I will be going to Turkey for the first time and was wondering if it's worth trip to see the waterfall. Thank you

10 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,982 posts
184 reviews
1. Re: Manavgat waterfall

Tbh, not really. It's more like a large weir.

Kurşunlu Waterfall & Conservation Pk, near Antalya (& archaeological sites, Perge & Aspendos) is far nicer.

Duden Waterfalls are also lovely, near Antalya.

Another part of Duden Falls flows into the sea. That's impressive & there's a long promenade along which you can walk. There are view points & several cafés en route.

2. Re: Manavgat waterfall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to copyright infringement. By law, we must remove any messages that include content protected by copyright which has been reproduced without direct permission from the author/publisher -- this includes but is not limited to items copied and pasted from online news agencies, magazines and commercial/personal websites, trademarks, passwords, confidential information, or intellectual property of any other person.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2018, 13:30

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
766 posts
48 reviews
3. Re: Manavgat waterfall

I would not recommend the waterfall as said before it's a large wier.

We did the Green Canyon trip and found that to be OK, you need to be able to amble down quite a number of steep steps to get onto the boat. The boat trip lasted a couple of hours with a quick stop for a dip (optional). Then a pleasant bus journey to a restaurant where we had a simple lunch. Can't remember the cost but I remember it being quite reasonable.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
7,210 posts
93 reviews
4. Re: Manavgat waterfall

ValC1202 - Why did you have to pay for lunch on the Green Canyon boat trip? That is included in the price of 45 Euros or £39 for the day - that includes the pick ups/drop offs - travel to the Green Canyon area - the boat trip - lunch but not drinks - and trip back to your hotel. All the local tour operators offer this trip at the same price but do check which days it goes out - it depends upon the season and number of people booked on the trip... x Angela in Side x

Moss, Norway
Level Contributor
480 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Manavgat waterfall

If you want great scenery try the white water rafting, is fantastic!!

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
7,210 posts
93 reviews
6. Re: Manavgat waterfall

Yes, Thomas is soooo right on that one. The white water rafting is our favourite trip. It's only half-an-hour's drive from Side in the stunning area of the Koprulu Kanyon and is good for all ages and abilities. The last trip we did, we had a 2 year old as well as an 81 year old on our raft. Cost is 30 Euros per person or £26 each and that includes lunch as well. x Angela in Side x

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
766 posts
48 reviews
7. Re: Manavgat waterfall

Hi Angela, we did not have to pay for lunch as it was included in the trip. The reasonable cost was for the full trip.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
823 posts
24 reviews
8. Re: Manavgat waterfall

No don’t go, it’s a waste of money. Very overrated. If you want to see nice waterfalls , the ones at Dudan are beautiful and well worth booking a trip to there. You also get to see Aspendos, and spend an hour or too in the old harbour area iof Antalya, which is a lovely place in Antalya’s old town, complete with Ottoman houses restored into lovely restaurants & bed and breakfast hotels and antique shops. It’s a very chilled place.

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
9. Re: Manavgat waterfall

No. Went last week. What a waste of money, and if you want to use the conveniences it will cost you a quid. Rip off.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
7,210 posts
93 reviews
10. Re: Manavgat waterfall

I went to Duden Waterfall Park a few days ago and it was absolutely beautiful - stunning in fact. You can walk through the cave at the back of the biggest waterfall there and get great photos from the holes in the cave with the waterfall falling right in front of you. There is also a restaurant just outside the waterfall park where you can have a drink or food and sit right next to the waterfalls ... if you reach out, you can even touch them! A great place and only about £2 entry fee to stay as long as you like. I stayed in Kaleici, the old section of Antalya, in probably the best hotel there. It is called Tuvana and cost me 320 TL for the night bed and breakfast in a single room. Well worth every penny though. And the food in their main restaurant was outstanding. Actually, it is written up in all the guide books as the best restaurant in Antalya and I would have to agree with that. We both had the Beef Wellington and if you have not had that before, you must try it. Wonderful! I'd go there again in the blink of an eye!! x Angela in Side x

Reply to: Manavgat waterfall
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Side