We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Side in April

Hallefors, Sweden
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Side in April

Hey,

Was just wondering how pleasant the weather is in April. I have a trip booked from 7th to 22nd of April, but will it be at least pretty hot in the sun? The temperatures and weather forecast seemed nice.

Is it too cold to take a dip in the sea? We are pretty used to the lakes never getting hotter than around 20 here.

At least we will have heated pools at 25 degrees at the hotel, just hoping you could get a tan.

Best Regards

9 replies to this topic
Moss, Norway
Level Contributor
480 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Side in April

Side in april is like a good Scandinavian summer, around 25 in the shade and 18-20 in the sea.. We always travel to Side in march/april..

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
7,216 posts
93 reviews
2. Re: Side in April

Side's average temperatures in

APRIL

Day-time temperature - 21 degree

Night-time temperature - 11 degrees

Sunshine hours - 8

Rainy days - 7

Water temperature - 17

When are you visiting Side? And at which hotel?

x Angela in Side x

Hallefors, Sweden
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Side in April

My wife is pretty insecure about going to Side (and unfortunately I've paid 240 euro in "safety deposit" to the travel company and I cannot unbook the trip either without losing out on the deposit money.

She's wondering what there is to do during the time there (2 weeks from 7 April until 22 April)

We will (hopefully if all clears out) staying at Side Sunwing Beach.

What is there to do around the area, I've seen the ancient parts down by the small "half-island" which is interesting, but not really that much to do during a 2 week trip. What else can you do during the evening etcetera? We are interested in sightseeing and exploration but all we can see on Google Maps is apartments and streets full of cars everywhere now that we're looking around closer.

Is it safe for women to be outside after sunset at all, she's heard rumours about it being unsafe even while accompanied.

I assume there's a lot of dolmus' that can you hitch a ride with, everything seems pretty far especially during the evening if you want to do something interesting.

I don't wanna be such a nuisance asking so many questions, if there's any tips for trips you could take I'm also interested. But I really need to find some answers to the questions I have.

(- "What is there to do around the area?"

- "What else can you do during the evening?"

- "Is it safe for women to be outside after sunset at all?")

Best Regards,

Hallefors, Sweden
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Side in April

Forgot to mention that I've previously stayed in Alanya before too, so we would surely like to go there once or twice, I've seen people allover forums mentioning dolmuses from Side to Manavgat then local buses that travels to Alanya so I suppose that's a possibility too.

5. Re: Side in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to copyright infringement. By law, we must remove any messages that include content protected by copyright which has been reproduced without direct permission from the author/publisher -- this includes but is not limited to items copied and pasted from online news agencies, magazines and commercial/personal websites, trademarks, passwords, confidential information, or intellectual property of any other person.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2018, 13:23

Hallefors, Sweden
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Side in April

Thank you so so much

You've convinced my wife to travel there now =)

I've been looking at trips, there are several companies I've seen. I was thinking of booking by Viator, but it has really bad reliability and reviews.

I've found one company I was booking with, is there a high probability for the tour compan(y/ies) to cancel the tour due to low number of participants in April?

I appreciate your help so so much :)

We're looking at mountain tour, manavgat river tour, alanya tour, antalya tour, quad tours and maybe some other tour we might find. We prefer not to wander off for over a day since we have a hotel for the whole duration of a trip. And travelling all day to Pamukkale doesn't seem too interesting I'm afraid. The Antalya Aquarium seemed a little bit like an overpriced tourist trap.. the tunnel and stopping looking at fish probably doesn't take that long.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
7,216 posts
93 reviews
7. Re: Side in April

As you probably know, we cannot recommend individuals on this open forum; - so I have sent you a private message - did you get it ok? x Angela in Side x

london
Level Contributor
7 posts
148 reviews
8. Re: Side in April

wow!! what a fantastic reply.We go in June and will be exhausted by the time we get back by the sounds of it.Many thanks for taking the time to post such a good and complete guide

xx

Hallefors, Sweden
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: Side in April

I agree, I really appreciate all the help I've received.

It really convinced us, hoping for a great vacation now.

Can't wait another 66 days ):

Horrible weather here with rain, ice and snow constantly. Driving in that all day, every weekday is exhausting getting in and out of the truck barely getting forward due to ice :D

Sorry for not getting back to you, been stressful at work xx

Edited: 31 January 2018, 21:58
Reply to: Side in April
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted