We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Cruises

Which Side hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Preston
Level Contributor
250 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Costa Cruises

I am going on Costa cruise lines Costa Allegra to the Far East in November. We fly to Hong Kong and then cruise to The Philippines, Borneo, Brunei, Singapore and Vietnam. Has anyone out there done this cruise? Could you advise about ease of visiting cities ourselves rather than going on expensive escursions?

Lancashire
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Cruises

Hi Kenneth

We too are going on the Allegra on November 23rd not seen many good reports so far but I always say any trip/holiday is what you make it.

was on the Sea Princess in May and our table companions gave Costa cruises a reasonably good report.

If you are going on the same fortnight as us we look forward to meeting you

Alan and Glen

Coppull

Chorley

Preston
Level Contributor
250 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Cruises

Good to hear someone else is going on the same cruise as my wife and I. We live in Preston just up the road from you. I assume therefore that we will be on the same BA shuttle (1540 on 23rd) to Heathrow then onto Hong Kong. We are looking forward to going to the places visited and have booked 2 excursions. The other places we plan to do ourselves. We have been on many cruises and find that trips are often overpriced and can be done for a fraction of the cost by yourself with local transport.

We have been e-mailing a Canadian couple too. That's at least 6 English speaking people on board now.

I am a retired school geography teacher so like going to places I have taught about. My wife doesn't work (except in the house I should add!!!).

Tell us a bit about yourselves. In fact if you email me your email address I will send you the awful review I found on the Internet.

Ken Youde (kennethjamesyoude@hotmail.com)

manchester uk
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Cruises

heres my experience and tips on page 4

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10703-k1078048…

manchester uk
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Costa Cruises

there are also some pictures on a website just paste the link onto yahoo or something

5. Re: Costa Cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 01:17