We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from Side area. Any questions?

Which Side hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northampton
7 posts
Save Topic
Just returned from Side area. Any questions?

Specifically Arum hotel, which was lovely. Side is a beautiful place. Will do best to answer questions if you have any........

Fife
Level Contributor
348 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from Side area. Any questions?

We are off to the Paloma Perissia on 8th June. We usually just take some Euros with us but use our card at local ATM machines. Are there plenty of these machines around?

Northampton
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from Side area. Any questions?

Didn't have a problem finding cash points anywhere we went, so you'll be fine. They are dotted about all over the place, but I'm not sure what the charges are for using them, we just used them and will worry about charges later. You can change the language on them and draw out pretty much whatever currency you like.

Scotland
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from Side area. Any questions?

Hiya, I'm off to Side next Sunday, staying at the MELAS hotel. Have you any recommendations for excursions?

Northampton
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from Side area. Any questions?

We did two trips, one to Hamam for Turkish bath/massage, which was great, if not a little painful. And one boat trip from Side harbour to the Manavgat market on a Monday. This was an all day trip from 9am - 6pm and consisted of a long sail on the sea, a brief stop where you could either swim in the sea or the river, lunch which was bbq'd fish or chicken, salad and bread (was very nice). Then we sailed up the river for a bit and stopped where you could take a coach to the waterfall for an extra couple of euros. Then we had a couple of hours to walk round the market and then sail back to Side. It was a really good day out. I think both trips were aound 15-20 Euro each. There are lots of other trips you can do too. I heard a few people talking about white water rafting, which sounded fun, and you can also do trips to Antalya and Alanya, although we ran out of time!!

walsall
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned from Side area. Any questions?

Hi,

We are returning to the Arum hotel for the fourth time this year, wondered what they had done to hotel during recent refurb. Any major changes or just a lick of paint.

tHANKS

walsall
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned from Side area. Any questions?

Hi,

Just wondering what changes have been made to the arum during recent refurb,or was it just a lick of paint.

Cheers nips23

Northampton
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Just returned from Side area. Any questions?

Hmmmmm...... well this was my first time so I can't say for definate, but to be honest, I should imagine it was just a lick of paint as the place looked exactly the same as all the photos i saw of it before I went........ lovely hotel regardless.

coventry
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Just returned from Side area. Any questions?

off to can garden resort in weeks,could u please tell me what the best currency to take is, either euros or ytl or sterling ive heard some places only except euros or english.

Northampton
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Just returned from Side area. Any questions?

I only took Lira and everywhere accepted it fine. Most things are priced in Euros though and I would possibly say that you get a (very) slightly better rate if you use those. Most places will accept any currency you have though, including sterling and USD, so whatever is fine. :)

UK
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Just returned from Side area. Any questions?

we are booked in at the arum hotel. We are new to turkey. I would appreciate if you could give us any pointers about the hotel and area.

Thank you