We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Geting charges extra in hotels,restaurants

south yorks
Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Geting charges extra in hotels,restaurants

We are going to Side on the 20th of july to the Hanay suit appartments. Looking at reveiws it seems ok and really nice but there seems to be an issue with being over prced for drinks and food in the resort and in the restaurants. Why is this and has anyone else seen this? getting worried now.

leeds in uk
Level Contributor
410 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Geting charges extra in hotels,restaurants

hi kerry,the one you have to watch out for at the moment is assuming all prices are in turkish lira.For example you buy a beer and at side of it on menu it says 3.Be careful because you might think it is turkish liras and then you will find it is in euros

Midlands
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Geting charges extra in hotels,restaurants

We are off to the Hanay on Friday and dont really have an issue-on only a couple of reviews I have seen this has come up the rest dont mention it and give it fab reviews. I think because u can have a tab there and pay whenever u want may be the mix up - simple answer is pay for every meal/drink as u have it and check whether it is euro or Lira. I have been to Turkey before and have never been over charged and dont expect to this time either.

3. Re: Geting charges extra in hotels,restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 01:18
Get answers to your questions about Side