We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Side weather at the moment

North London
Level Contributor
531 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Side weather at the moment

Hi - we'll be travelling to Side (staying at the Sentido Perissia) on 8th February - has anyone just come back...and what's the weather like either now or at the start of February. Also, do you think the hotel will be full at that time.

Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
166 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Side weather at the moment

Hi - judging from the weather tracking thing my daughter has on this laptop is appears to be going very cold at night (there were some minus temps in there) but this will probably change as forcasts do. In the day it still appears to be around 15C.

However, I don't trust this weather thing as it was very inaccurate with the temperatures when we were there.

I know Angela is there at the moment, so she should reply soon.

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Side weather at the moment

Hello CloClo -thanks for stepping in for me here- İ have in fact been out walking in the rain today to your Lindas Bar next to Fizz Bar to see if they still had their dog Toffee - they do and İ took a nice photo of him which İ will post along with lots of other photos when İ have more time. Right now İ am soaked through to my underwear ! - and at an İnternet Cafe -so am anxious to get home and take a shower.

This time of year the weather is very very changeable - yesterday was absolutely FANTASTİC - hot - sunny - great day for walking the beach- also sunbathing- the sunset last night was one of the very best İ have ever seen-but today it just poured from early morning to now (7pm here) -but now it seems to be easing off so -who knows about tomorrow? And doubt whether İ will have time to even look at emails or İnternet tomorrow- am going to Antalya with friends to see the opera Carmen in the afternoon -just 10 Lire !!! per ticket !!!!

Perissia is one of the loveliest 5-star hotels in Side and the part of beach there has no construction works ongoing now - probably not until October-ish- will keep you posted as plans unfold.

Surrey, England
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Side weather at the moment

Weather in Side today is boiling hot. No sign of any rain whatsoever. A good day for sunbathing!

SİDE
Level Contributor
343 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Side weather at the moment

It is very nice in Side today :)

North London
Level Contributor
531 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Side weather at the moment

Thank you for all your replies...can't wait to get there now.

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Side weather at the moment

Generally weather now ... fabulous in the day ... stunning sunsets ... but very cold at night ... am shivering as İ type at this İnternet Cafe - plus coughing like crazy as the guy next to me seems to be an avid smoker !!

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Side weather at the moment

That seems very odd considering that it is now illegal to smoke inside!

Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
166 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Side weather at the moment

I haven't seen many people obeying the smoking rule to be honest - I watched some guys putting the sign up, sit down underneath it, and light up!

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Side weather at the moment

Yes CloClo - you are absolutely right - the locals do put up the No Smoking signs everywhere and then totally ignore them! - especially places like this İnternet Cafe where they say they need every Lire they can get -

Weather today was lovely - sunny and warm - did shopping in nearby Manavgat and all the boats were out on the river there - pretty and twinkly at night too - now cold though and only about 10 degrees at night -

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Side weather at the moment

Which is worrying considering the Mayor is giviing everyone lessons on how to behave properly!Makes you wonder how effective the lessons on no hassle will be and how much notice they will take of them.

As the person was breaking the law did you ask him to stop smoking?You should report the shop to the council.