We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money exchange ?? where?

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
717 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Money exchange ?? where?

We wil be staying at the FloraGarden hotel Manavgat, does anyone know if we can change our UK pound for Lira nearby?

i am sure the hotel will do it but the exchange rate is normally rubbish in hotels..

or will we have to go to Side for it? if so is there plenty of places to do this in Side?

longlegs

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,263 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money exchange ?? where?

Dont worry LongLegs - there are lots and lots of exchange places in Manavgat and also in Side Old Town and they don.t charge commission at all nowadays - - or go the bank - - or go to PTT = Post Office but they DO charge commissions.

Herts
Level Contributor
488 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money exchange ?? where?

'in Manavgat and also in Side Old Town and they don.t charge commission at all nowadays - '

But they give a lower rate . No One does anything for free.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
717 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money exchange ?? where?

" No-one does anything for FREE"

So, in your opinion where will be the best place to change money near to Flora Garden Hotel Manavgat ? walking to it would be good, although a dolmus would not be a problem...

longlegs

Herts
Level Contributor
488 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Money exchange ?? where?

Unfortunately you have to do the maths , is 'commission ' free with a lower rate better than a higher rate with commission. Could also depend on how much you change at one time . I have only been to Turkey in the Summer, the heat makes mathematics hard work , would rather be at the bar.

The other problem , you change to much to Lira , you will lose out again when changing back.

As I only go Ai , I require very little 'cash' . In Side and Antalya in the touristy shops everything is marked in Euros. So I take Euros, have left over I can use them later in the year .Others will tell you ( Maybe rightly) .that you get a better deal when shopping in the Lira, but it will only be a very small benefit easily outweighed by the convenience of using the Euro..

Ps you are right ... this has not helped with your question.

5. Re: Money exchange ?? where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2011, 05:23