We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Hotel Royal Alhambra Palace

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
New Hotel Royal Alhambra Palace

Hi, does anyone know if any tour operators are taking bookings yet for this hotel. I think it is due to open in April 2012. Thanks.

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Hotel Royal Alhambra Palace

Did you find out who it is...probably Thomas cook??? Im looking at booking the Royal Dragon But now i cant decide.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Hotel Royal Alhambra Palace

Hi, no I haven't found out yet. We stayed at the Royal Holiday Palace this year and it was fab. Just fancied trying a different resort.

fife
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Hotel Royal Alhambra Palace

We stayed at Royal Dragon in October this year (2011) and our Thomas Cook rep said that Thomas Cook would definitely have this hotel but that paper work needed to be finalised before it could be released for booking. She seemed to think that this would be done in December. Apparently the hotel is just a mile away from Royal Dragon near Side. We picked up a promotional brochure for the Alhambra and it looks amazing. The hotel were also playing a promotional dvd of all 5 of their hotels. Royal Holiday Palace opened April 2011 and Royal Alhambra Palace is scheduled to open April 2012. Hope this helps.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Hotel Royal Alhambra Palace

Hi, thanks for that info. Ive seen it on Stone Hotels website and it looks great. Ive never been to Side, is there anything to do outside these hotels. thanks Gill.

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
7,126 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Hotel Royal Alhambra Palace

Yes there,s lots to do outside the hotels ın Side - walk along the new promenade and stop off for a freshly squeezed orange or pomegranate juice - lots of shops dotted along the way and restaurants and bars too - ın Old Town there ıs the amphıtheatre to vısıt and the old Roman ruıns down by Apollo Temple - also the harbour area ıs ınterestıng - and the Saturday market by the Bıg Mosque.

fife
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Hotel Royal Alhambra Palace

We took the local bus (called the Dolmus) into Old Side and walked down through the town, past the shops, to the harbour. We spent an hour just walking round the harbour, stopping for a drink in a local cafe, before visiting the old Roman ruins and Apollo Temple (free). You can also visit the Amphitheatre for a fee and they still perform shows there some evening and you can purchase tickets and go and watch. Another day we took the Dolmus into Manavgat as they have a good market every Monday and Thursday. We spent a couple of hours there before going to see the Manavgat waterfall. After that we took a boat cruise down the Manavgat river.

We spent the rest of our 2 weeks in resort as we were all inclusive. We considered booking one of the Thomas Cook excursions which was a cable car to the top of the nearby mountains and to visit a typical Turkish vilage. They had other excursions too like water rafting and a visit to Alanya or to Antalya. We had never visited Turkey before but really liked it and are definitely considering returning in the future.

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
344 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Hotel Royal Alhambra Palace

Hi just reading your post. If you have been to Lara Beach and liked it you will like Side. There is a lot more there just a short taxi ride away from the Royal Dragon. We have been to the Royal Wings and Royal Dragon and loved both - although the beach at Royal Dragon is better than the one at Royal Wings. I would consider going to another Stone group again but worried three years on a row is too much cos they are very similar and its just like going to the same place really - wonder what else good is out there?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Hotel Royal Alhambra Palace

Me and my partner are big Lara Beach fans but I have started to look at Side now and it looks lovely. We have booked are May holiday at Delphin Diva ( lara beach) but now i have seen this hotel I wanna go! We went to Royal Holiday Palace in May and had a wonderful time. So this hotel is really appealing to me. If you do fine someone taking booking for it please let me know. Thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Hotel Royal Alhambra Palace

Hi I will post on here as soon as I find any info about this hotel, but up to now there seems to be no info. I have heard Thomas Cook will be taking bookings, but with the news about this company Im not sure as to book with them at the moment. The hotel looks fab, we have been to Lara twice and just fancy a change. Thanks

Oradea, Romania
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: New Hotel Royal Alhambra Palace

PRICE IN EURO/ PERS /DAY

Ultra all inclusive

01.06 - 06.07.2012

101 EUR

07.07 - 26.08.2012

114 EUR

27.08 - 15.09.2012