We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

have i made mistake in booking side..

cleveland, england
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Topic
have i made mistake in booking side..

hey there..

ive booked family holiday for 9 of us[3 families] to go to side 5th june.. and all i keep seeing on weather forcasts is rain.. rain and rain..

will be our first time in turkey am im starting to think i should of booked elsewhere...

hopefully the weather forcasts are making it look worse than it actually is.. will be devastated if its raining ..

Runcorn
Level Contributor
40 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: have i made mistake in booking side..

Ive been in june a few times and its always been hot hot hot, hope it clears up for you all

scotland
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: have i made mistake in booking side..

Side is gorgeous..I am sure you will love it

Level Contributor
15 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: have i made mistake in booking side..

Looks rubbish Friday and maybe Saturday. Hopeully it will clear up from there on. Flying out the 29th.

scotland
Level Contributor
590 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: have i made mistake in booking side..

Hi I've been to Side quite a few times in mid-June & I'm going back this year mid June. The weather has always been hot. My daughter has been beginning of June and she has had a mixture of weather - light showers but still very warm when sun is out. Dont think, you can take the weather for granted anywhere now. We were in Side last Sept & had 2 days of storms. The year before in Alanya in Sept we had hailstones & almighty storms - unheard of. I think the rain will not last long. enjoy your holiday. Best not looking at the weather forecast.

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,590 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: have i made mistake in booking side..

5th June is two weeks away - a lot can change before then, especially the weather. Long-range forecasts are notoriously unreliable so I wouldn't worry too much. In early June, you may get the odd shower but it will soon clear up.

Jak xx

Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: have i made mistake in booking side..

We fly on the 1st and getting a bit worried that we'll be swimming in the rain haha. Will be disappointed if weather is rubbish

lancashire
Level Contributor
110 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: have i made mistake in booking side..

Hi, adelerichard

DONT WORRY BOUT A THING, CAUSE EVERY LITTLE THINGS GONNA BE ALLRIGHT!!!!!!

I have been to turkey in feb, oct and august.

In FEB 2011 the weather in SIDE was 75 to 80 degrees every day (think i was lucky)

In feb 2012 the weather in SIDE was 75 ish all week and we only had one bout of rainfall wich lasted about an hour only. It was sunbathing weather both times in February, so I would NOT worry about JUNE!!!

Enjoy and just look at all the positives, look on the bright side of life.

Dont be " devastated if it rains " ......

MORE IMPORTANTLY...... DONT WAIT FOR THE STORM TO PASS... LEARN TO DANCE IN THE RAIN..

HAVE FUN

YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED WITH SIDE!!!!!!!!

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: have i made mistake in booking side..

Hi thinking of booking side in October 19th,what's weather like in October?? Thanks

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
709 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: have i made mistake in booking side..

You'll have amazing time there and don't worry about the weather. Love it there ..... Angie

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
7,313 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: have i made mistake in booking side..

and also remember that a lot of the forecasts are for the whole Antalya region which is a big area. Check out weather underfround as you can do a 'hostory' of the places so you can look and compare previous years.

June is a lovely month to visit usually and rain fairly rare!

Get answers to your questions about Side
Recent Conversations