We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices in Side

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Prices in Side

Hi myself and my family would like to try Side next year for 2 weeks in August. We have been to most other places and fancy a change. I am just a bit concerned as talking to a few people they have said how expensive they find Side saying it is not far behind Greece. We've been told that most bars/restaurants only like to take Euros and most drinks cost around 6 euros each!

Can anyone please give me an honest opinion of prices in bars/restaurants please and if they are happy to take lira?

Many thanks for your help!

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,566 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices in Side

Side is no more expensive than anywhere else in Turkey - an Efes beer is normally 6 TL but along the promenade front is 8 TL, although you can get it at Kosem Restaurant for just 4 TL - cocktails are around 8 to 10 TL normally.

Yes - they are more than happy to take TL. I never ever pay in Euros as you can get a much better rate of exchange for TL to £1 - now in Side it is 2.85 TL to £1 at the banks - best to change UK cash when you arrive in Side to get the better rates.

The price of a meal out can be anything from 3 TL for a Lamachun which is like a floppy pizza with mincemeat, onions, green peppers and tomatoes or 25 TL for a full steak meal.

I have been all over Turkey and love Side the best. I feel sure you will like it too. For further information on trips, restaurants etc look to top of this page on the right Top Questions About Side and below that are answers to a lot of questions.

Edited: 25 August 2012, 17:30
leeds in uk
Level Contributor
418 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prices in Side

hi angela just a kwik correction,,4.5 ytl for a beer at kosem now lol..just returned and take it from me the cheapest efes in side now has to be korellis at 4ytl..had an amazing time but didnt expect anything less lol..fell in love with korellis,amazing value..Oh the full english at kosem for 5ytl is amazing value too

3. Re: Prices in Side

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Side
Recent Conversations