We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

duty free allowance

Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
duty free allowance

Been reading on dalyan forum that duty free allowances have changed as to what you can bring into turkey ,has anyone heard of or know what these changes are , thanks

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,402 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: duty free allowance

Turkey operates the dual channel Red (effects to declare) and Green (nothing to declare) system which apply to arriving travellers, tourists and Turkish nationals.

Personal belongings including medicines for your own personal use are exempt from duty.

Duty Free Exemptions apply for the following items purchased before your arrival in Turkey, and unless stated, you must be over 18 years of age.

200 cigarettes plus 10 cigars plus 200 gms of tobacco to include cigarette papers. OR

200 grammes of pipe tobacco or 50 gms of snuff or 200 grammes of chewing tobacco.

1 x 1 litre bottle of wines or spirits.

OR

2 x 70 cl bottle of wines or spirits.

5 bottles of perfume not exceeding 120 ml each.

Personal gifts to the maximum value of €300 and €145 for those under 15.

Other beverages: Coffee beans (1kg), Instant Coffee (1kg), Tea (500g), Chocolate (1kg).

You may also purchase additional items: 400 cigarettes, 100 cigars and 500g of pipe tobacco at the duty free arrivals store.

Edited: 23 April 2013, 11:53
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: duty free allowance

Thanks angela much appreciated

Cornwall
Level Contributor
128 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: duty free allowance

Sorry to sound daft, I take it the duty free arrivals store is in the airport? Are the prices likely to be cheaper than on the plane? I'm thinking cigarettes/tobacco. Also, what are the allowances for taking home to England please?

I can't wait! Flying out on Friday for a week, never been to this area before, just Kusadasi/Ephesus on a cruise x

Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: duty free allowance

Yes there is a duty free in arrivals and though im not certain i think it is cheaper to get cigarettes on the plane ,hope you enjoy your stay , im sure you will love it

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: duty free allowance

You can take 200 cigs and a litre of spirits back to the UK.

Jak xx

scotland
Level Contributor
4,098 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: duty free allowance

Cigs are much cheaper on Thomas Cook flight..BUT it is getting the brand you want that is the problem..I mean cheaper than the UK duty free..I think Antalya Airport is a good price

Side, Turkey
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: duty free allowance

Antalya is usually quite a lot cheaper for cigs than the plane. We paid about 30 euros for 400 West lights. Alcohol is cheaper in the UK duty free, or on the plane cos they both normally have 2 for £20.

8. Re: duty free allowance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Side