We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

few questions re our hols in 2 weeks time

Blackpool
Level Contributor
47 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
few questions re our hols in 2 weeks time

Hi, Me and husband (young mid fifties) visiting Side for two weeks for the first time, staying at the Beach House and have a few questions. Should we change currency before we come? What is exchange rate/commision? Is there a problem with mosquitos? Are there any bike hire places/is the area suitable for bikes? We like boat trips, are there good ones? My husband loves Turkish kebabs - any recommended places near Beach House? Is there a good Chinese restaurant? Many Thanks.

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,451 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: few questions re our hols in 2 weeks time

Best to bring UK cash with you and change to TL when you get here. The PTT (Post Office) is down by the harbour and only a 5 minute walk from the Beach House. You will get a good rate there - currently 2.79 TL to 1 UK pound.

I have lived in Side for 7 years and have never found mosquitos here to be a problem but if you are prone to them - then bring some mozzy spray.

For rental of bikes or boat trips - phone Abdullah 0090-538-921-3468 with free pick up from your hotel. There is an excellent trip on Mondays and Thursdays to Manavgat on a boat with lunch on board and it also allows 2 hours in Manavgat market and to visit the waterfalls there.

İf you walk up the main 'High Street' in Side from the harbour - you will see 2 x doner kebab places that are both good. For a Chinese - go opposite Side Prenses Hotel to the big Chinese restaurant there - fabulous meals at good prices and great atmosphere too.

Any other questions - Penny and Ali who run the Beach House Hotel - should be able to help - or look to top right of this page Top Questions About Side and below that Side Tours + Costs etc and other helpful advice.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
47 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: few questions re our hols in 2 weeks time

Thanks Angela. Does Abdullah have an office or shop ? My hubby hates markets is there somewhere interesting nearby that he can look at whilst I have a shop eg beach or bar?

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,451 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: few questions re our hols in 2 weeks time

Yes Abdullah has an office/shop but he is often out on trips and prefers to meet people at their hotels - so just give him a ring and he will come down to The Beach House Hotel to meet you at your convenience. He has no email or website - so just a quick phone call should do the trick.

Yes - there are lots of bars and restaurants around the shops and market area for your husband to retreat to whilst you haggle for goods.

4. Re: few questions re our hols in 2 weeks time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Side