We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

exchange rate June 2013

Which Side hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
exchange rate June 2013

Hello

Can anyone tell me what the current exchange rate is at the moment in Side, Turkey. I am about to buy some Turkish Lira in next couple of days and the best online rate is 2.836. I read it is usually better rate once we get to Side but this is a pretty good rate and am doubtful it will be that much better. Just trying to decide what combination of TL and sterling to take.

Thanks in advance

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,142 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: exchange rate June 2013

Hi,

This recent thread gives you links to check the daily rate in resort:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…50246893

Currently 2.93TL to £1 over there.

Regards

Edited: 17 June 2013, 16:17
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: exchange rate June 2013

Excellent

Thanks Nephthys - Every little helps as they say

Side, Turkey
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: exchange rate June 2013

Best rate at any of the exchange shops in Manavgat today was 2.87. The post office gives the full rate but charges 2%, so on my calculations works out at about the same. Banks give you a good rate if you have an account with them.

I would be very interested to know where you can get the full 2.93 without changing a large amount at a bank which you have an account at. After all, they have to make their money on it somewhere.

Still always better here than anywhere in the UK though!

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: exchange rate June 2013

Thanks for the info Chelseagirl546

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,073 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: exchange rate June 2013

Yapi Kredi bank in Side today was offering 2.92 TL to 1 uk pound - no account needed either -

Side, Turkey
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: exchange rate June 2013

Not over the counter for small amounts they aren't, my Mum's just been down there to change some. We only ever get the full amount in there if we deposit the money into our account, & even then sometimes they have to ring Head Office to OK it.

England
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: exchange rate June 2013

This is the best site for comparison- used it many times and always useful ;-) …moneysavingexpert.com/holiday-money/

8. Re: exchange rate June 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 05:16