We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sentido perissia: push chair friendly?

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
sentido perissia: push chair friendly?

Hi, we are considering booking a holiday to the sentido perissia travelling with two young children; one of whom will be in a pushchair most of the time. On reading the reviews I notice it has been mentioned (in one review) that there are no ramps and a lot of steps and therefore pushchair access is limited. Really what I want to know is whether this is accurate; surely in this day and age hotels must be pushchair (and wheel chair) friendly to some extent at least?

I don't mind if there are particular areas where access is slightly tricky; as long as the general area (ie from the rooms to pool area to beach, bars and main restaurant) is manageable.

Really appreciate any advice thank you very much in advance

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,452 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sentido perissia: push chair friendly?

Suggest you email them directly and ask = info@sentidohotels.com

surrey
Level Contributor
2,516 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sentido perissia: push chair friendly?

Hi again Claire,

There were lots of people with pushchairs when we were at the Sentido in June!

Access to the pools, outside restaurants, beach and pier were not a problem but if you were allocated a room that was not on the ground floor then this could prove difficult. Not all rooms can be accessed all the way by lifts and there could be a fair amount of steps to negotiate.

If you do decide to book this hotel I would strongly recommend you e mail murat.kilinc@palomaperissia.com with your request. This is what I did and we got exactly what we had asked for.

Edited: 29 July 2013, 20:56
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sentido perissia: push chair friendly?

Thanks for the information and advice everyone, hopefully it will help us come to a decision about this hotel

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,497 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sentido perissia: push chair friendly?

Hi Claire

I would seriously consider another hotel , I have read you Arum review and I think you will be really disappointed at the Perrisia after staying in a Barut hotel. The Barut Hemera is reasonably flat and push chair friendly and reported to be having a renovation this winter.. .

I suggest you read Fussy's review before you decide.

I think the Paloma Oceana might for example be a better option as it is new and has family rooms.

Fussy and I have both stayed at the Paloma Pasha which was wonderful and the Perrisia is not in the same league. The Royal Dragon or Alhambra Palace are other excellent options but they are in Colakli..

Edited: 30 July 2013, 14:51
surrey
Level Contributor
2,516 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sentido perissia: push chair friendly?

Hi Toady,

Sadly I have to agree. We went to the Perissia hoping to get the same excellence as expected of a Paloma hotel but were greatly disappointed. I have answered the questions above as honestly as I could but you are right to direct Claire to my review! A lot of money goes into our holidays. Lets hope you and me don't make the same mistakes next year!!!!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sentido perissia: push chair friendly?

Thank you so much Toady and Fussy for your advice and honesty! That seals it for me completely (especially having checked out your review fussy) this hotel is definitely a no go. Back to the drawing board then!

7. Re: sentido perissia: push chair friendly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 07:23