We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Side

Which Side hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Side

After going to Gumbet for the last 4 years we decided to have a change this year and picked Side so I'm looking for some advice. We are a party of 6, age range 50+ and we are stopping at the Leda Beach Hotel, I know this has mixed reviews but decided to give it a try. When in Gumbet we like to go to Bodrum and get the bus to different places like Yalikavac , are there places you can get to from Side? Also any advice on best beaches, restaurants, days out, markets etc would be appreciated. Less than a week to go now, can't wait !

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
5,937 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Side

Leda Beach is in a very good position - just a 10 minute walk into Old Town Side from there. If you go to the beach and walk 5 minutes to your right you will see Golden Star and that has free beach umbrellas and sun loungers if you buy a drink there - best part of the beach too. The market is on a Saturday in Side - down by the big mosque - or take the Monday or Thursday boat trip to Manavgat which includes lunch on board and also their very big market day and an optional excursion to the waterfall.

For restaurants, days out etc look to top right of this page and Top Questions About Side and below that Side Tours + Costs and Restaurants, etc.

If you want to take the dolmus you could go to Managvat in 20 minutes - Alanya one hour - or Antalya one hour away.

Edited: 11 August 2013, 14:26
Manchester
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Side

Thanks for the information, very useful.

HULL
Level Contributor
421 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Side

Hi Angela hope you are well. We are in Side in October, If we get the dolmus too Antalya or Alanya how long does it take and how much does it cost? Thanks Julia x

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
5,937 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Side

Hello Julia - well maybe we can finally meet up - Mike and I will also be in Side in October - let me know nearer the time.

To get to Antalya you need to take the dolmus to the Total Garage and then the big dolmus to Antalya costs 12 TL each way and takes an hour or just over.

To get to Alanya you need to go to the Manavgat Otogar (bus station) and that journey also takes just over an hour and costs 12 TL each way.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Side

Manavgat to Alanya cost us 18tl each way in June.

Took an hour or so going but two and a half on the way back as we seemed to stop every 100 yards to pick people up (slight exaggeration!), so there must be quicker routes perhaps but we weren't to know!

HULL
Level Contributor
421 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Side

Thanks to you both and Yes will deffo meet up Angela, We are going to be s/c for the first week and A/I the next x

7. Re: First time to Side

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 07:19