We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

average cost and where to book

Level Contributor
100 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
average cost and where to book

Looking at perhaps doing an all inc hol to side Sept 2014

Can ppl tell me approximately what they would expect to pay for 2 adults with flights for a week?

They are coming out around £750? Which I thought seemed steep?

Also what Is the standard in the AI hotels in this area like? We have stayed at a 5* in Mexico will it compare?

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,448 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: average cost and where to book

Look at www.thomson.co.uk for - flight - transfer - accommodation for a week £500 each - Side Prenses - fabulous hotel and in a good position in Side.

Or if you want something smaller and on a b&b basis - just £16 per night at The Beach House Hotel which has its own private beach area yet only 5 minutes from Apollo Temple - the shops bars and restaurants of Old Town Side.

Edited: 15 August 2013, 10:13
Level Contributor
100 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: average cost and where to book

Thanks I looked at Thompson's yesterday can't see anything for £500 cheapest coming out for our dates is £700ish? I am looking for an AI

If I go into Thompson's do you think they would be able to do it or is it an online offer?

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,448 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: average cost and where to book

I just looked on Thomson website and if you book say 1st June for a week it is £616 per person but that does include the flight and transfers and All Inclusive for a week - fabulous 5 star hotel - and Yes - you get an £80 saving by booking on line.

It was £500 this year, so has gone up a bit.

Edited: 15 August 2013, 10:56
Level Contributor
100 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: average cost and where to book

I need to go September it's £750 then!

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,448 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: average cost and where to book

Ok then - how about the Side Miami Beach Hotel? Look on www.travelrepublic.co.uk and book flights - then this hotel - then the price for 2 of you - flights and all inclusive accommodation - = £911.94 from 3rd to 10 September 2014 as an example. This hotel is just one block from the beach and only a 10 minute walk into Old Town Side from there. Friends of mine stay there every year and say you can't beat the value for money, although the All Inclusive concept does stop at 11pm.

Level Contributor
100 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: average cost and where to book

It has limited reviews n the few there are aren't positive? We do want a decent hotel.

I just wondered what ppl r paying on average. If the nicer hotels are £750 pp that's fine just out of our budget. If ppl r getting there and staying somewhere decent for less at least I know to keep looking

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,448 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: average cost and where to book

Side Miami Beach is about the cheapest All Inclusive in Side and it's where friends stay year in year out, so good value for money. Side Prenses is a luxurious 5 star hotel - very plush - yet one of the cheapest 5 stars in Side. All others will be a lot more money. Have a look on www.booking.com for comparisons too.

Dumfries, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: average cost and where to book

go on love holidays it looks for the cheapest company.we paid £650 each for 2 weeks all inc in july 3 star all inc flights transfers baggage hotel included in that price obviously 5 star would be more

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: average cost and where to book

We spent our honeymoon at the Side Prenses and would highly recommend it, while they rate it as a five star hotel I would go with Thomsons rating of a four star as a more realistic rating.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: average cost and where to book

We tend to pay anything from 1k to 1.2k for a week but the trick is to book a year early. You cannot get good late deals now. For example we go away end on sept to the crystal sunset we paid around 1.2k I looked last week at the prices and it was 1.9k !!!!