We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jewellery question

Which Side hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchster england
Level Contributor
65 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
jewellery question

we have recently returned from Side while there my daughter bought a wedding ring with diamonds all the way round we have been home less than a week and one of the diamond has fell out she has not got the diamond, can anyone help regarding her rights.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jewellery question

Did you get an international certificate with the description of the item and signed and stamped by the shop which is a guarantee as well ?

If so I would suggest taking this and the ring to a reputable jeweller at home and have the details confirmed. Assuming then the ring is of the quality described you need to contact the jeweller and see how best to sort it out with them. This could just be a loose fitting due to poor workmanship which while disappointing is less of a problem than not having the quality you paid for.

If it is a poor quality ring in terms of the stones not being genuine I would be less hopeful of you having a positive outcome to be frank.

If you have insured it you should be able to claim through that if you are unable to contact the jeweller bearing in mind that some of them close for the winter months so you may have to wait until next year to make contact which may not suit you.

Hope it works out for you.

manchster england
Level Contributor
65 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jewellery question

Thank you, yes she did receive a certificate with the ring, and i'm 99% sure they are real diamonds she has emailed the shop and we will see if they get back to her

wigan
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jewellery question

If purchased via a card you may also have some cover from the card provider

Good luck

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jewellery question

Sounds hopeful that it is genuine and maybe just a loose fitting. In my experience bona fide Turkish retailers always exceed expectations dealing with this type of customer situation so I hope this is your experience also.

5. Re: jewellery question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 November 2013, 19:35
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jewellery question

Scottiefaeprestwick,

Not quite sure what you are trying to say but I assume it is a sarcastic retort in response to my comment above . I am sorry if your experience in life is that the majority of people are dishonest and if this has made you unable to even consider the possibility that the OP may have a positive outcome. If you read the full thread you will see that we have given responses and suggestions for both outcome.

I clearly said 'in my experience ' as I have bought quite a bit of jewellery in Turkey over the past 15 years and I have never been dealt with dishonestly . I have had repairs and cleaning carried out without charge even on items I bought elsewhere. In Dublin it is €12 to get a battery put in a watch and most of them ' don't do repairs unless bought here ' so this service does exceed my expectations.

I therefore do hope the OP has a positive outcome but if not can at least get redress on insurance or from credit card company.

Edited: 09 November 2013, 13:23
7. Re: jewellery question

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 November 2013, 19:35
scotland
Level Contributor
4,090 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: jewellery question

Also have to say all positive feedback from me ref., buying jewellery in Turkey( on 5th trip at present) Good luck getting sorted

9. Re: jewellery question

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 05:18