We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Temple Restaurant, Side, Turkey

london
1 post
Save Topic
The Temple Restaurant, Side, Turkey

Restaurant Name: The Temple Restaurant, Side, Turkey

Lovely situation right by the ruins but don't be fooled by the atmospheric look of the place. They will rip you off at the first opportunity. The food was average and they charged 130 lira for the Testi, a local speciality. You can get this anywhere else in town for about 40 lira. The whole of the menu is overpriced. For starters and the testi for two, with no alcohol, we were charged 210 lira. The most we had paid anywhere else was 60 lira and the most you should be paying is about 70 - 80 lira somewhere else including local alcohol. They didn't even have the local oven bread, tasty flat bread, only normal bread.

We were not the only ones who paid this outragous price, two other couples staying in the same hotel were also caught out by the good looks of the restaurant. Be warned and do not agree to anything until you know the price!!

Mentioned in this post
Side
Side
Manavgat, Turkey
Q Beach Restaurant & Lounge
££ - £££, Italian, Seafood, International
Serenade Restaurant & Bar
££ - £££, Mexican, Turkish, Bar
Side Ocakbasi Restaurant
££ - £££, Mediterranean, Barbecue, Turkish
bruxelles
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The Temple Restaurant, Side, Turkey

slm zaza kardes ben bu yaz orada kaldim yasarin yerimi ayni yerdenmi bahsediyoruz cvp lutfen :)

demet

bruxelles
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Temple Restaurant, Side, Turkey

slm zaza kardes ben bu yaz orada kaldim yasarin yerimi ayni yerdenmi bahsediyoruz cvp lutfen :)

demet

Wales
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Temple Restaurant, Side, Turkey

Is this the Temple in the Ruins Restaurant?

If so, i have to disagree! The food we had their was fantastic and well priced, infact i think it was probably one of the cheapest places we ate at.

I think our meal came to about £8 ish for 2 of us and we got far more than we could eat and it was superb! You said 210 lira for a meal for 2????? We could have bought all our meals for the whole week for that!

The most we payed for a meal for 2 and was 51 Lira. That was a starter bread, dip, side dish, side salad, testi kebab, 2 cocktails and a large beer and there are cheaper places still!

It sounds like someone really took advantage of you and you really shoul have asked for the prices first!

wales
Level Contributor
383 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Temple Restaurant, Side, Turkey

I think the Temple Restaurent is by the Appollo Temple in the old town, and the Restaurent in the Ruins, is Mehmets, by the traffic light, on the roundabout. outside town. Mehmets is very good, staff friendly, food Ok, the ice creams are great. Make sure you let them know if it a birthday, you get a firework display, one night the Happy Birthday CD packed up, so the waiters all sang instead,

Wroclaw
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: The Temple Restaurant, Side, Turkey

I confirm in 100% what zaza1977 said !

We were there 15th of june 2007 and they ripped us off too on those damn testi food!

Don't go there! Maybe if they lose customers they'll learn no to cheat us!

regards to all from Poland

MarcinB

holland
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: The Temple Restaurant, Side, Turkey

I wish I had read these messages before deciding to have lunch there!! We did agree on the price for the meal, the serivce was fine, staff was friendly..until they presented us with the bill, € 49!!!! The guy we had agreed on the price with (his name was pronouced as Jasja) was convieniently on a break...When we questioned the bill the friendliness was gone. A 10% sevice fee was added to the bill, but nowhere on the menu is there a mention of this. If you make a big deal out of it, they will come up with a better price, but still far too expensive. Don't go there!!!!

leeds in uk
Level Contributor
426 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Temple Restaurant, Side, Turkey

having been to side for the last 7 years 4 at park side hotel 2 at suzanapart otel (now safari) and this year at gazipasa pasha star (great hotel by the way) i have noticed a change in the staff at certain restaurants in the town.We were constantly having to question the bill and the latest trick is to bring you your bill priced in euros when you know it is in turkish lira.It is as if there are certain restaurants that think we are an easy touch and i think we should bring them to the attention of everyone.I liked a comment earlier on from someone who mentioned Mehmets in the ruins.Fantastic place and great staff.Another we found was just out of town next to our hotel was Sultans.It was packed out every night and the waiters made it a fun evening for young and old.A place we found in the town 7 yrs ago which had a great reputation has gone down the nick over the last yr and that is Gul restaurant.No atmosphere,poor food and not much variety on menu

Mentioned in this post
Gul Restaurant
Gul Restaurant
593 Reviews
Side, Turkey
London
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Temple Restaurant, Side, Turkey

We have just returned from a two week break in Side in July 2009 and also dined at Temple Restaurant one night and had exactly the same experience. When we were presented with the bill, it came to 600 Turkish Lira for 4 adults (they told us the children were free but then tried to charge us for them) - they charged us 70 Turkish Lira for a local bottle of wine. We eventually negotiated with them and got the bill slightly reduced but it was still a complete rip off and a terrible experience - indeed the only bad experience we had in Side - we dined at our hotel after that - we stayed at the Sunrise Queen which was excellent. Bottom line is DO NOT GO TO TEMPLE RESTAURANT in Side - they will charm you to get you in and then rob you blind!

Mentioned in this post
Side
Side
Manavgat, Turkey
Castleford
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: The Temple Restaurant, Side, Turkey

I have to disagree with the other comments. We have just returned from Side and we ate at the Temple Restaurant on several occasions while we were there.

The menu is clearly priced,and we found the meals we had to be excellent(the mushroom steak was second to none) and a fantastic compliment to the beautiful setting. A table down on the rocks is a must and an experience not to be missed. As for the service this was excellent,we would like to thank Yashar,Kemahl,Sukru,Jack and the rest of the staff so much they were a big part of what was a fantastic holiday.....and thankyou for making my birthday a memorable evening with the fireworks and gorgeous cake!

Castleford
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: The Temple Restaurant, Side, Turkey

I have to disagree with the other comments. We have just returned from Side and we ate at the Temple Restaurant on several occasions while we were there.

The menu is clearly priced,and we found the meals we had to be excellent(the mushroom steak was second to none) and a fantastic compliment to the beautiful setting. A table down on the rocks is a must and an experience not to be missed. As for the service this was excellent,we would like to thank Yashar,Kemahl,Sukru,Jack and the rest of the staff so much they were a big part of what was a fantastic holiday.....and thankyou for making my birthday a memorable evening with the fireworks and gorgeous cake!

Get answers to your questions about Side