We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

E Visa

Which Side hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
435 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
E Visa

Had a letter from Thomas Cook saying that from April 14 anyone travelling to Turkey

will need to aply for a visa online as the old system of paying on arrival is being done

away with.

Remember the first time we arrived at Izmir and it was a man sitting in a corridor with a cardboard box collecting tenners fron everyone.Happy Days.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,715 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: E Visa

The first time I visited Turkey it was only £5 :)

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: E Visa

This is the correct link to use, cost is in USD $20 = £!2.18.

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

It has been in force since last April, but becomes the only way to get a visa from 10th April this year.

Lots of posts about it on all the forums.

Perhaps one of the DE's could put a link on Top Questions about it?

Watford, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: E Visa

I done E Visa for last years holiday, so easy and so much quicker at the airport.

Side, Turkije
Level Contributor
22 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: E Visa

For the people from Holland: Book it please only trough the official website www.evisa.gov.tr. Because many companies in Holland try to take advantage of it. The visa is and was 15 euro per person. Still the same. But many companies charge extra administration costs, giving you a bill of 40-50 euro per person just for 1 visa. So keep your eyes open. Perhaps also something to think about for other nationalities.

Other thing: The new online visa can only be paid by Visa or Mastercard. However, the credit card does not need to be in your name so if you don't have one: don't panick. Perhaps your friends, family or colleague can help you out and don't forget to ask your travel agency if they can do it for you. Some will add this as a standard service in their packages.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: E Visa

I have gone onto visa site but there is no country called turkey to.picking the drop down

Put

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: E Visa

There wouldn't be, you are applying for a Turkish Visa on the Turkish Government's website

You enter the country that provided you with a passport

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
326 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: E Visa

It's a very easy process & costs $20pp. Just follow the simple steps & you will have your visa within minutes. Don't forget, you require a visa for each person in your party, including children/babies. If you wait until arrival at the airport, the cost for a sticker visa is £20pp. The Turkish Government are phasing out sticker visas though, it will probably happen by the end of the year, so my advice would be just to get into the habit of doing it online. The visa is valid for 6 months, however, you may only stay in the country for a maximum of 90 days during that 6 month period. The Government is also in the process of changing that by extending the maximum stay to 4 or 5 months.

ayrshire
Level Contributor
34 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: E Visa

Hi Stuart, Am i right in thinking you get visa to download and print off rather than postal service? My holiday will be last minute but was worried about not being able to get visa in time.

Thanks Bobby.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
326 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: E Visa

Yes Bobby, you're right. Once you have completed the online application, they email you with your visa. You can then print it off on an A4 piece of paper. It's a very simple process, but make sure you use the link I've posted in the previous thread, as it's the official Turkish website & you won't get ripped off. Also, you must put the exact date of your travel on the application. Your visa will last for 6 months & you can enter the country many times during that period, provided your total stay doesn't exceed 90 days.

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,532 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: E Visa

Yes Bobby.