We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

E Visa

Which Side hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
435 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
E Visa

Had a letter from Thomas Cook saying that from April 14 anyone travelling to Turkey

will need to aply for a visa online as the old system of paying on arrival is being done

away with.

Remember the first time we arrived at Izmir and it was a man sitting in a corridor with a cardboard box collecting tenners fron everyone.Happy Days.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
326 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: E Visa

That's exactly the same link & price I gave further up this thread Angela.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: E Visa

Angela

For the moment at least you can still buy a visa on arrival. It does however now cost £20 (for UK passport holders)

It makes sense to buy your visa before you go.

Last year my printed evisa was stamped as well as my passport on two visits but not stamped on a third

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
326 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: E Visa

Hi Adana, that's right, as you say, much better to buy online. I think you can buy at airport until end of this year? I'm thinking all of the immigration officers in Turkey do things differently, as everyone has a different experience.

Kilmacolm, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: E Visa

I'm heading to Turkey in 2 weeks time. I was there 2 years ago and we paid the visa fee at the Turkish airport when we arrived. I have just purchased an evisa online a few days ago. It was very easy to do, no hassle, they ask a few questions, i.e passport number, mother & fathers names etc... it takes minutes and then I printed off my visa there and then. It costs $20 which works out about £12 each. I always think its better to do these things at home and get everything printed off and have it before you leave. I always think its better to be safe than sorry :) Enjoy your holiday

Wilsthire
Level Contributor
135 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: E Visa

Sorry. Another quick question. (And apologies if this is a daft question!)

We are coming to Turkey for the first time in Aug, so I have gone on from the link above to get our visas. We are a family of 3 going. Can I do all three in one go, and pay 3x $20 at the end? I see looking through the application that on the page you give all your details, there is a button that says 'Add A New Person', so I presume I can do all 3 of us together, then print them all off? Save having to make 3 separate payments?

Thanks.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
326 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: E Visa

Yes holiday06, that's exactly what you do & you pay the total at the end, then print off each individual visa. It's as easy as 123!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
105 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: E Visa

Looking at visiting Side in around 5 weeks time. Have we got plenty of time to sort out these E visas online?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: E Visa

Yes it's emailed back to you straight away.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
105 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: E Visa

Thanks. 1st Turkish holiday beckons.

30. Re: E Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2016, 05:15