We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paloma Oceana reviews

Which Side hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
864 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Paloma Oceana reviews

Just read the latest review of this hotel and am feeling a bit apprehensive now.

I totally understand that each review is the opinion of one person but when that one person is so negative, it can be quite off-putting.

This gentleman is disabled and I think part of his issue perhaps comes from the lack of facilities for him however he also mentions that the hotel is geared entirely for the German tourist.

I am hoping that this is mostly because it is out of season for most Brits just now and so the hotel is trying to accommodate its majority guests.

The reviewer also mentions that so much is closed at this time of year so again, I'm hoping that this is another reason he is so disgruntled.

There, I've talked myself back out of my worries lol.

I'm sure it will be fine:))

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,109 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paloma Oceana reviews

I have just read the review and seems everything was wrong and not just the hotel !

At this time of year people are paying a small amount of money and some hotels do cut back on food choice for example! This hotel serves local drinks to in winter but international in summer. Come summer there will be more Brits but even then we are usually out numbered.i like a mix personally !

I think this person had an hang up with the Germans !

I think this is your first All Inclusive holiday and your not sure what to expect ! This is a lovely new hotel but even the photos they took do not do it justice in winter!

Have you been on their FB page ? The Manager is on there and answers questions and posts photo's !

He seems very nice and friendly !

We have stayed at two Paloma hotels !

Cheshire, England...
Level Contributor
13 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paloma Oceana reviews

I also read this review as we go for our first time to this hotel at Easter (usually go to Toady's favourite Barut Lara but the new family room designs/layouts there don't work for 5 of us now- eek :( ) and I must admit I thought 'No, what have we done...'

Whilst this review wasn't the best it wasn't the worst either and it really does centres on this one travellers personal experience at a time of year when everywhere is not 'open' / running at full speed- come Summer when you go it will be in full swing. There might be more Germans than British but take it as a chance to pick up some words in another language and as Toady says enjoy the mix- we found at Barut that most of the staff would be willing to try and speak English (and you quickly work out who can/willing to try) but also appreciated the fact that we have learnt a few words of Turkish- hello, thank you, good bye etc.

I have just had a quick re-read of some of the other reviews and also looked again at the fact sheet that Wendy has and am sure that the holiday will be whatever WE make it to be if we go with an open mind. I'll post a review when we get back after Easter .

Edited: 05 February 2014, 10:47
HULL
Level Contributor
421 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paloma Oceana reviews

We will be there Easter 20th April for a week hope to see you there and yes we are keeping our fingers crossed looks lovely but we at the Hemera 13th/20th and will be gutted if we leave the Hemera and dont like the Paloma But by looking at the pics and the fact sheet im sure it will be fab xx

scotland
Level Contributor
864 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paloma Oceana reviews

You are all so right and Toady it is our first time AI so I think fear of the unknown is a factor too.

We have been to Turkey many times and myself and our boys are pretty much conversant with the language now which I know is always appreciated. I am very open to new experiences as are the children and I would love to meet prople from different cultures as I enjoy the diversity for the most part.

What does worry me though is the idea of anyone pushing my children out of the way or them being overlooked because of their nationality. Let me just say that I doubt greatly that this would happen, but our holiday last year was marred by inconsiderate people and I promised them that this year would be fantastic:))

We are very open minded and will be going with the sole intention of having fun but, since it was my idea to try AI, it will be my fault if it all goes wrong.

I will look forward to reading your reviews for April though and I am certain this is just one persons experience. All the other reviews are great and I have seen the fact sheet so I'm going to try my best to ignore this review and enjoy the countdown:))

Nottingham
Level Contributor
844 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paloma Oceana reviews

Have no fear people we went last July, it is a amazing hotel :)

Nottingham
Level Contributor
844 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paloma Oceana reviews

Julia we did the Hemera the year before the Paloma loved both the Paloma is more modern.

Edited: 05 February 2014, 20:52
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
815 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paloma Oceana reviews

I just read that review,some of it way off the mark regarding about the disabled bit,the hotel as four disabled rooms and I stayed in one over the new year period,this is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and never saw any disabled tables !,in summer there is a second main restuarant open near the bungalow rooms,side in General is geared up for Germans and Russians we payed for items in lira and English

The hotel is lovely and as a wheelchair user,I will come back to paloma and will be going back again.had to laugh about the tables not once did I have a problem using or getting a table,maybe this reviewer just wanted to use a "disabled table" and not a normal one

Rest assured this hotel is fantastic and you will enjoy it

manchester
Level Contributor
374 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paloma Oceana reviews

Don't worry we loved this hotel and we even stayed in the dark and dingy bungalows (according to certain reviewers) Great clean modern hotel you'll have a brilliant holiday x

9. Re: Paloma Oceana reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 06:19