We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursion advice in Side

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Excursion advice in Side

Hello!

We are planning to stay in Side at the beginning of May, and my boyfriend and I love exploring the countries we stay in (I thought Side would be the best choice for culture in Turkey?).

I saw from previous posts that there is a bus (or two) that can take us into Antalya, but there doesn't seem to be much info on the other excursions on offer. The offers through the travel agents all include stopping off at shops/factories, but I really want to get the most out of the day as see as much as possible. I'm also not great with organised fun and time limitations...

Are there any agencies in Side that offer reasonably priced excursions to the surrounding historical sights without stopping off at shops etc, or is that mainly what is on offer? Can anyone recommend a good company that they went with whilst staying in Side?

Any help at all is greatly appreciated! Thank you :)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursion advice in Side

I've seen a lot on here that recommends Abdullah and I'm sure that Angela and others more knowledgable than me will come on to help you

Antalya
Level Contributor
405 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursion advice in Side

Hi,

You can try jim ,the owner of local travel agency in the region if you want to experience the real cutural tour..

They organize the best tours with no touristic mandatory stops at shopping centers.If you want to eat local food and meet the locals, this would be one of the option.You can contact him at nilgunantalya07@mynet.com

Regards

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,207 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursion advice in Side

We used Keskin, who (unlike some) are licensed & legal. One of their offices is near the Barut Andiz but they do have others.

Shop around & see who appeals to you. We openly asked about a licence.

regards

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,402 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursion advice in Side

If you phone Abdullah he will come to your hotel Reception to meet you at a mutually convenient tıme and date. No problem. Abdullah 0090-538-921-3468 and many of his tours do not include stops at jewellery factories or similar - look to top right of this page Top Questions About Side and below that is a full list of all tours and costs involved too.

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,402 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursion advice in Side

2 x trips İ can highly recommend - İ have been on both - are the Cabrio Bus Safari and the Friday trip to Alanya - neither one stops at shops at all and bothe are full days including lunch -

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
326 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursion advice in Side

We've also used Keskin Travel & as Nephthys says, they are fully licensed & insured. Huseyin, is such a lovely knowledgeable person & to top it off, he speaks fluent English & German, as well as conversational Swedish & Russian. Most travel agents will come to your Hotel, this is not unique to Abdullah. They all offer similar trips/tours, at similar prices, so my advice would be to go & speak to them, see who you gel with & most importantly, double check they are Licensed & Insured.

Finally, I would thoroughly recommend the Rafting trip, it's such good fun & no visits to Leather/jewellery stores on the way either.

Hope you have a fab holiday!!!!

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
326 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excursion advice in Side

Here is Huseyin's phone Number 00 90 536 463 78 70. It's always worth looking at what others have to offer.

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excursion advice in Side

Thank you so much for all of the help!

I think we will get in touch with Abdullah and Huseyin and see who we click the most with/what the prices are like :)

Antalya
Level Contributor
405 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excursion advice in Side

I reccommend Hüseyin.He is an official travel agency..What is the name of the company that Abdullah represents? Is he the owner ? Please make sure that only officially registered travel agencies can organize tours in Turkey not persons. Ask the name of the company first..I think some experts should write the name of travel agency first before they advice a local giving his name and number..

manchester
Level Contributor
34 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excursion advice in Side

Thanks for mentioning that there is not one person running the area.

That way her posts even puts me off looking at the posts so boring. Mentioning only few specific places and using TA like her own property. thanks for warning , Stuart

Get answers to your questions about Side