We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tailors in Side

Which Side hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
liverpool
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tailors in Side

I have to wear suits for work, anywhere in Side I can get a nice lightweight suit or jackets made, maybe very light cotton or linen not too expensive, and some skinny silk ties any ideas on prices etc., going 28 June Melas hotel, thanks.

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,146 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tailors in Side

The tailors in this area are in Manavgat - not Side - but from the Melas you can take the dolmus which first goes to Side Otogar and then the same dolmus goes into Manavgat - there are many good tailors there -

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,152 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tailors in Side

My husband had a very nice work suit made in Side, by a tailor diagonally opposite the Barut Andiz hotel, which is about 20 mins walk, out of Side, along the prom. Go round the front of the hotel, stand with your back to the front, look left & you can see the row of shops, like the tailor, Keskin travel & a helpful pharmacy.

The older guy doesn't speak much English but you can get by. He's seemed a gentle, genuine guy & it took 3 days with a couple of fittings in between for minor adjustments. The suit has been admired back here :-)

Regards

Edited: 19 April 2014, 10:10
Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,146 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tailors in Side

Thanks for that information Nephthys - ıt.s good to know there is a tailor in the Side area - and especially so with personal recommendation -

liverpool
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tailors in Side

Thanks for the information, any ideas on prices and material.?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,152 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tailors in Side

Hi,

My husband's is a light-weight, 2 piece grey, suit. It's got no labels so I can't tell you the exact/mix of material but it doesn't look like linen. It's "shark's skin", with that slight sheen. The jacket's lined but not the trousers. He told the tailor where he wanted pockets (outside & inside).

you can browse several books if swatches & choose quality. My husband chose a high quality & paid £100 sterling in Oct '13. The guy did slightly underquote, as he normally asks £130 for what he designed, but he honoured his quote.

He has leatherware too, for ladies & gents, either 'off the peg' or to order.

I'm guessing that my husband's suit has a touch of wool in there (I'm not great on these things!) but it is so incredibly light & smart.

The tailor isn't a pushy sales person. I switch off (in any country, not just Turkey) when such sellers are on a roll with, "Lovely jubbly" etc, how they're the best quality, prices & so on.

There are more tailors, dotted about, but we chose 'our guy' for his quiet, unassuming attitude, as much as my husband liking the material. He's worth checking out. If you really struggle with his English, the other shopkeepers would nip in & help as they're all ok along that stretch. We got on fine though, with English, bits of German & sketches :-)

6. Re: Tailors in Side

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 05:16