We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March/April in Side?

Which Side hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
678 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
March/April in Side?

thinking of visiting Turkey next Easter but seeing as Easter is pretty early next year, it would mean me arrivng on 31st March for a week.

I know this isn't the ideal time of year weather wise but would we be likely to have a few days of good weather i.e. dry with temps around 17/18 during the day? I'm tempted to take the bull by the horns and book but wondered whether the weather would maybe be better in any other areas of turkey during the first week of April?

If I booked, I'd make sure I'd get a hotel with an indoor pool and close to shops/bars etc, in case we don't get much sunbathing weather. Would there be enough to keep us occupied if we had a few days of rain?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
326 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March/April in Side?

We were in Side from the 12th - 19th March this year & the weather was fab. It was a bit overcast the 1st day or two, but still able to sunbathe. The rest of the week was 22c - 25c. We stayed at The Royal Dragon, which has an indoor pool & we used it the whole week. Although the outdoor pool was open & looked very inviting, it was a bit too cold for us. We did see lots of people using it, they're obviously much braver than us!!

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
678 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March/April in Side?

Thanks, I'm really tempted but won't finally make up my mind until I hear a bit more about how others have fared with the weather at the start of April.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
5,937 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: March/April in Side?

As Stuart says - this March was lovely - I have been here 7 years and it nearly always is - the Royal Dragon is an excellent hotel but is a bit far out - take a look at www.thomson.co.uk and the Side Prenses 5 star hotel which is nearer to all the sights and just one block from the beach -

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
326 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March/April in Side?

As I said, we stayed at The Royal Dragon, but there are many fabulous Hotels in & around Side. The Barut Hemera & Crystal Sunrise Queen immediately spring to mind, as they're right on the Promenade, have their own private beach & not too far to walk into Side Centre. They also have excellent reputations. We used Holidaysupermarket & got a fantastic deal. There are quite a few deals already for next March/April, so just do your homework & read the reviews on TA of the ones that take your fancy & are within your price range.

Edited: 07 May 2014, 16:40
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
678 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: March/April in Side?

Thanks again. I enjoy my research and do it months in advance so no worries on finding an hotel that suits us. My query was just about what sort of weather to expect.

It's going to be a toss up between Turkey and Tenerife. Never been to Tenerife before but from what I'm hearing, the weather is more reliable there than Turkey at the begining of April- especially the evenings.

Leeds
Level Contributor
190 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: March/April in Side?

We've been last 3 year mid March then begining of April we had some lovely weather both years. My son even went in the pool last year, bit cold for me but thats kids for you lol x

7. Re: March/April in Side?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 05:17