We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Commodore Elite

Harlow Essex
Level Contributor
144 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Commodore Elite

Woohoooo, its 3 weeks on sat untill me and my friend stay at the Commodore Elite. There doesnt seem to be that many recent reviews for this hotel. I just wondered if there are many Brits that stay here. I'm not too bothered if there aren't because when I'm on holiday, I like to know I'm on holiday, and not at "little britain in the sun" !!. I'm just wondering about the food on offer do they cater pretty much for all nationalities.

This is our first stay at an adults only hotel, so this will be an experiance in itself, I'm not sure whether or not I will enjoy it , but you dont know unless you try.! :)

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,351 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Commodore Elite

Hi. We went October 2012 and the Brits were definitely in the minority, but it wasn't a problem.

We found the food was excellent with different theme nights.

We thoroughly enjoyed it. Just one major niggle for me... the "champagne" was vile and undrinkable. I'd love to hear if they've changed it. I might then consider returning.

Enjoy!

Harlow Essex
Level Contributor
144 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Commodore Elite

Hi Angel 9, thanks for your reply, see, you were the only one !!! Im sorry, but I wont be able to try the champagne for you because I cant stand it. It all would taste how you dont like it to me lol. !

Im sure we will have a great time.

Sunshine.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Commodore Elite

We stayed at the Commodore in October last year. I it a lovely hotel, the food was very nice! Being adult only its also very relaxing and we would definitely do it again. There were a few brits - still a minority but like you say, I didnt bother us really.

Only issue we did have was with air conditioning - in october it was centrally controlled - not good. Couldnt get it below 26 degrees and management refused to budge. Don't think you will have that issue at the end of June though!

Have a great time!

p.s Ali, one of the bar guys is a gem and used to bring us cocktails on our sunbeds all the time - he never stopped. Service pretty good overall but there are always those that stand out.

Edited: 16 June 2014, 22:16
Harlow Essex
Level Contributor
144 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Commodore Elite

Jasper,

Thanks for your reply, we will have to look out for Ali, really looking forward to the hol now, only a week on sat. :)

5. Re: Commodore Elite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Side