We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saturday Market Side

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Saturday Market Side

Is it worth going to the Saturday Market in Side and if so where is it? Can you walk to the Old Town from it or do you need transport? We are staying in the Turquoise Hotel.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
326 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saturday Market Side

It's exactly same as the Monday & Thursday Manavgat Markets, just on a much smaller scale. Personally, I'd rather go to Manavgat , but if you want to visit it, you will find it across from the Mosque. The Turquoise Hotel is in the Sorgun Forest, so you'll need to get a Dolmus to the market. Alternatively go on the Manavgat boat trip, which includes Market day & Lunch. All reputable Tour Operators provide this trip & pick up/drop off Is free from your Hotel.

London, United...
Level Contributor
311 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saturday Market Side

Like mentioned above....its the same stuff as at manavgat market! But at side market you tend to get a lot more hassle and pressure, sometimes get a better bargain that way but it can be quite uncomfortable.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,535 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saturday Market Side

You can walk into the old town from the Side market. It (market) begins to clise down from about 2.30pm.

Been to Manavgat twice....got lost in it several times! Been to Side market a few times. Hadn't thought about the comparison in hassle; think we've found them to be about the same. It's nothing in comparuson to hassle around Egypt.

Regards

London, United...
Level Contributor
311 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saturday Market Side

The joy of manavgat market is getting lost!

But if you think that is bad go to marrakech! The whole old town is like a maze!

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saturday Market Side

Thanks everyone for the info Very helpful. Funny my daughters off to Marrakech on Friday so I'll warn her not to lose her husband!

London, United...
Level Contributor
311 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Saturday Market Side

Well tell ur daughter she will love marrakech, its a magical place.

if she gets lost (which even the most intrepid travellers do) people will ask to show her the way and expect money for it 10-20dh about £1.50, so ask shop keepers or stall workers as they cant leave the stalls. I was happy to pay once or twice when lost but make sure they take you to where you want to go and not a mates shop haha

also tell them they HAVE to eat in jeema el fna square at night, nice food and some strange food, I tried sheeps brain which was actually nice.

hope she has fun, I miss that place!!

7. Re: Saturday Market Side

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Side
Recent Conversations