We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eating out in Side

Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
eating out in Side

We are AI but would like to eat out the odd night. We are staying at the Otium Eco club. Can anyone recommend some nice restaurants in Side within easy reach by taxi? xx

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,843 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eating out in Side

Connys is one of the very best restaurants in Side - and if you book it a day ahead you can order the wonderful fondue which comes in a pot of boiling oil in the middle of the table with lamb beef and chicken pieces to dip in the oil along with several dips and fresh vegetables - chips and sauteed potatoes and salad - a feast for a king! It is all twinkly and plays wonderful classical music in the background with none ofthat boom boom music at all.

Another excellent restaurant down by the harbour in Side is Liman Restaurant where Mehmet Muhku of this Forum works. Great views from there and an international menu too.

Edited: 08 July 2014, 08:45
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,553 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eating out in Side

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g297968-Side_M…

is the link to restaurant reviews for Side.

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,843 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: eating out in Side

Nepthys - the trouble with the link to restaurants is that they vote Ocakbasi as Number One - and it is just a very ordinary restaurant in Old Town Side - no view from there and nothing special about it - the only reason it is number one is that Thomas Cook and Thomson take all their visitors there and ask them to vote for it. Connys is so much better. So too is Liman with its wonderful views and excellent food - but the Thomson and Thomas Cook visitors probably have not even been to those two !

Glasgow
Level Contributor
326 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: eating out in Side

I disagree Angela. There are many good restaurants on Tripadvisor, which aren't voted for by Thomson & Thomas Cook Reps. I also happen to like Ocakbasi & have never been taken there or anywhere else by a Rep. They have one of the best Mezi plates in Side & it's not much more expensive than restaurants outside the Old Town. Also Lush, which is just along the street from Conny's is fab, the owner & his partner are lovely people, who bend over backwards for their customers & the food is amazing. Cocktails aren't too shabby either. Korner Restaurant, again, less than 5 mins from Conny's, very popular with British customers & in my opinion, cook the best steak in Side. Conny's is lovely for a special night out, as it's Silver Service, with properly dressed tables & on the whole, leans towards French cuisine. All of the aforementioned are in the top 10 & deservedly so in my opinion. Finally, Umut Pide, over beside The Side Prences is also a great restaurant frequented by locals & one of my favourites.

5. Re: eating out in Side

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 22:17