We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kusadasi to Ephesus

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
165 reviews
Save Topic
Kusadasi to Ephesus

Can anyone, from recent experience, answer the following please:

1. How much would a taxi from Kusadasi to Ephesus cost, one way?

2. Is it a meter charge or a fixed price?

3. How long does it take to complete that journey?

4. Will the taxi accept Euros as payment, or are Turkish Lira required?

5. Is it easy to pick up a return taxi from Ephesus to Kusadasi?

6. How much is the entrance fee to Ephesus?

7. Must that be paid in Turkish Lira, or can it be paid with Euros

8. Can you hire out an audio guide for Ephesus, and if so, how much does it cost?

9. Is there a public bus service from Kusadasi to Ephesus, and how frequenty does it run?

Thank you for your help

Los Cristianos...
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Kusadasi to Ephesus

I am looking for information on transportation from the cruise port in Kusadasi to Ephesus since I will be there for a day while on a cruise. What is the distance? Is it walkable? Should I use public transportation which is our preference like a bus or train if this was possible please TIA

scotland
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Kusadasi to Ephesus

You will find details in top questions on the right hand side of the page

sydney
Level Contributor
387 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Kusadasi to Ephesus

An old post but this may help with some current experiences. We paid 30 euros return for the taxi and the driver was willing to wait for 2 hours at the ruins or as long as required as we hadn't paid him. They all start at 50 euros and they can be very aggressive.

Almere-Stad...
3 posts
Save Reply
34. Re: Kusadasi to Ephesus

I am not sure what and how will it cost, but there is a guy I know who provides super cool and cheap transport service in following link.

http://taxitokusadasi.com

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Kusadasi to Ephesus

We just did the trip very easily the other day from Kusadasi to Ephesus by Dolmus (the mini buses) for only 6 liras each. Although there are taxis and horse and buggies when you get off the bus, waiting to take people to the top gate, and tell you that it is a mistake to walk, it really is only a 20 minute walk to the lower gate and entrance. It really is not hard at all to walk around Ephesus, starting at the lower gate. Just make sure that you continue to walk straight up the road to Ephesus when you get off the bus. There is one place that you could potentially turn right or left but keep straight on the road if you are walking. You also just need to be prepared to go back to the lower gate again, once you are finished touring Ephesus, to walk back the 20 minutes to the main road to take the dolmus back to Kusadasi. Really not a problem. If you are looking to lower your costs, the weather is good and you don't mind walking a bit, we very much recommend taking the dolmus to the road to Ephesus and walking to the lower gate.

Edited: 28 April 2015, 20:05
Buckley, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Kusadasi to Ephesus

We hired guide Mesut Yilmaz,,http://www.mesutyilmaz.org/ based in Kusidasi and listed in Rick Steve's book " Mediterranean Port of Calls", will solve all your questions. He is very fluent in English and has excellent credentials. Was very impressed and we hired him on our one day, April 12, 2015. He can customized your tour to your desires. He is also very prompt in replying your email, efficient, and very knowledgeable. Entrances were all in Turkey's Liras and he took care of them and charged us later. It what a wonderful day with an excellent guide. Well worth the money. Check out his website.

Kamloops, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
37. Re: Kusadasi to Ephesus

Hi Eve-Lynn, how long did the entire trip take you? We are on a cruise and want to be sure we have sufficient time to get there and back to the cruise ship... Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Kusadasi to Ephesus

hum, I will be going to kusadasi via cruise also, and cruise has an excursion Exclusive Best of Ancient Ephesus

for $59. With professional guide to ephesus, They say that "Along the way you will see the Forum, the Odeon, the Library of Celsus, the Thermal Baths of Scolastika and the Great Theater, built in the Greek era and reconstructed in the Roman period" then i will be able to walk on arcadian way with guide talking, then back to kusadasi to a shopping area, with a 5-10 min walk back to cruise ship.

I will be in a party of 4, so will cost us $236. But I have a 8 yo child, and 70 yo elderly person with us. So I guess easier than trying to get public trans and trying to figure out where to go.

Edited: 08 May 2015, 14:27
39. Re: Kusadasi to Ephesus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2016, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Kusadasi
Recent Conversations