We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kusadasi with a baby

Sweden
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
kusadasi with a baby

Hi,

Me & my hubby are thinking of making s week or 10 day trip to kusadasi. We have a 9 months old baby. Do anyone recommend kusadasi for a family with a baby? If so what can we do during our stay/ is there anything suitable for us? We are open minded to anything. As this is our first trip with our son we don't know what to expect or think. Any one been in a similar situation and kan share their experience/tips?

We are thankful fot any information we can get.

Oh and also is there any hotel recommendations? We are thinking 3 or 4 stars with a good location to the city :)

Thank you in advance

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,739 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kusadasi with a baby

I've not been to Kusadasi but I lived in Bodrum when my daughter was a baby. I don't think there us much you can do really apart from be by the pool or the beach. There are no trips suitable for babies.

When are you planning on going? It will be very hot in the summer months, September or early October would be better if you can go then.

You can get all your baby supplies out there so you won't need to carry nappies etc. and the Turkish people love babies so you will be well looked after :)

Sweden
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: kusadasi with a baby

Thank you KediYavrusu very much for your reply. Actually we are thinking of the end of this month or the beginnings of next month :)

scotland
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
3,215 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kusadasi with a baby

You will manage very well with a baby. There are lots of family friendly places.

Turkish people love babies and will do everythibg they can to help. There is a lovely hotel at ladies beach, called the ponz, book direct with them for the best deal. Have a look at the reviews. You will have a full size fridge and staff who will help. You can only get actimel baby milk, so bring milk if you baby needs a different brand. Everything else can be bought locally.

scotland
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
3,215 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kusadasi with a baby

You will manage very well with a baby. There are lots of family friendly places.

Turkish people love babies and will do everythibg they can to help. There is a lovely hotel at ladies beach, called the ponz, book direct with them for the best deal. Have a look at the reviews. You will have a full size fridge and staff who will help. You can only get actimel baby milk, so bring milk if you baby needs a different brand. Everything else can be bought locally.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kusadasi with a baby

I second kediyavrusu. September or October would be the best. July-August can be crowded and hot. In my experience sea is best after the middle of September.

Avoid the national holidays as the prices can get expensive.

UK
Level Contributor
383 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kusadasi with a baby

Personally I would avoid July/August with a baby, you will just spend all your time either indoors or in the shade, September or October are much better.

Level Contributor
344 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kusadasi with a baby

Don't even think of it, I am here in Kusadasi now and it is very very hot far to hot for a baby or young child.

Think about September or October, really lovely then and you can all enjoy a great holiday then.

Would you consider renting a nice apartment in the centre? cot also available.

his is a beautiful resort but anyone coming often know how hot it becomes during July and August, too

hot for the elderly or young babies and children. Enjoy it when you come. We have been coming here for

over ten years and I am giving you good honest advise. We have a holiday home here so we know what the weather is like every month !!!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: kusadasi with a baby

I am travelling next week with a 9 mth old. We are renting an apartment at Whispering Sands, seems to be very nice and modern. It has a baby pool which is shaded and a soft play area.

I am going to take the baby formula ,powdered food, liga and some snacks and small amount of normal supplies for the first few days, I will then buy more nappies and wipes etc when I get there. I am also going to take the bottle sterializer as the apartment are going to supply a microwave.

This is our second holiday since my daughter was born and its not too bad taking a baby away. My main concern is that the flight is a lot longer than our last holiday.

Best of Luck. :-)

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,739 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: kusadasi with a baby

Yes, it is hot but babies do manage. My daughter was a tiny baby when I first took her to Turkey to live in the summer and she was fine. As long as you keep your baby in the shade and give her plenty of water she will cope.

After all Turkish babies are born there and they are all ok aren't they ;)

Sweden
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: kusadasi with a baby

Thank you every one for your replies and good tips. The thing is that my parents are there now qnd we wanted to spend the holiday with them so we ended booking our trip next week on the 1st of August. In order to be close to my parents hotel the best deal we got was the paloma rina apartment hotel. Hope it's a nice one.

I was actually thinking of bringing diapers with me, milk formula and baby jar food from here. Still not sure about the dipers because of the weight. I'm using pampers. Any one knows if the are selled there or is the another brand sold there that you recommendations? Is there anything else I should bring with me? What type of baby food is sold there?Or can I find everything there?

Thanks againg for your help :)