We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info required...pleAse :)

Level Contributor
189 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Info required...pleAse :)

Hi all im going to kusadasi in June with my partner on a 1 week break.

We have never been to Turkey and want to enjoy it as much as possible.

We would like to go on a long day trip to Pamukkale, go swimming with Dolphins and do the cage shark diving at adaland waterpark and also visit the selcuk market.

Could someone advise me on the costs of all of the above mentioned???

Also the average price of food and drink? Say a 2-3 course meal for 2 with 2 pints of cider or beer? Thanks :)

Barry, United...
Level Contributor
548 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info required...pleAse :)

hi, glad you are looking forward to you trip next year but please,please ,please do not go swimming with dolphins at adaland.these poor creatures are kept in the most unnatural conditions and treated poorly by the park for the sole intention of making money for the park,no concern is given to their welfare,many die.if you fancy a day at a waterpark please go to aquafantasy and i say this as someone who for many years loved adaland (until the dolphins were brought in ).

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info required...pleAse :)

OMG yes,I can only echo every word written by Kuşadasıkid.If you make use of the search facility at top right hand corner and type in swimming with dolphins in Turkey or captive dolphins in Turkey you will find many threads with info about the facilties here and many contain links to other web sites with info about why captive dolphins is such a bad concept and the barbarity they suffer.

It may be upsetting to read but if you truly love these wonderful animals you will understand after reading why we ask you not to give your money to these vile places.

On a lighter note,visiting Selçuks Saturday market is easy to do by just using the local bus for 3 or 4 TL.Great market,full of local colour,go late in the afternoon by which time most tourists have gone and it is more locals out shopping :)

Level Contributor
189 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Info required...pleAse :)

Really? Oh god i wasnt expecting them to be kept in poor conditions, this would break my heart as I am an animal lover. I presumed (stupidly) they would be extremely well looked after...but then again they should not be kept in captivity at all, i will definately avoid this so!!!

Thanks for info about the market :) it sounds great!

Could anyone provide a quick message on average prices of food/drink? From the local beer to a pint bottle of magners?

Also what temps should we be expecting mid june?

And one final question...as iv said i am

An animal lover, but i do not enjoy cats in a restaraunt, particularly wild cats as i just find it unhygenic. I was in greece this year and was expecting this to be a huge problem but only encountered one cat in one restaraunt. I like nice food and a relaxing time while eating and hate cats pestering you for food...i completely understand some tourists love this and i do not mean to offend anyone, its just not something i enjoy in a restaraunt...

So my question is are there any restaraunts where I can avoid cats? Anywhere they are not allowed in etc... If names of restaraunts cant be given on this if you could PM me that would be great. Thanks guys,

Barry, United...
Level Contributor
548 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Info required...pleAse :)

hi again,so pleased with your decision.spread the word.

beer prices were 5 to 7 tl in most restaurants and non bar street bars although some were as high as 8 (i make a point of giving these ones a miss)

a 330mm magners between 9 and 12 in most places but did see it as high as 15,if its imported its expensive in turkey.

a meal,starters 5 to 10,mains 18 to 30 tl in tourist restaurants i.e casablanca/murphys/golden boys. more if you want steak/prawns.try some locals restaurants like bul bul or avlu or merkez. much much cheaper and a chance to try somthig different to the greasey kebab you get as turkish in the u.k

temps in june will be in low to mid 30's most days but will get higher as month goes on.high 30's by end if in direct sun.

cats---- many restaurants in centre and ladies beach are on the edge of street/outside/open so hot food and soft hearted tourists will attract them.i know that if you mention your phobia at the casablanca restaurant they will try and shoo them off for you as they did this for a friend we met a few years ago.probably others would as well.restaurants with an inside area like kaylon will keep them out as a matter of course

as a last prices i have given WILL go up before next season,they always do,especialy when the value of the lira has fallen :-(

Level Contributor
189 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Info required...pleAse :)

Thank you so much for your reply it has been more than helpful.

What a shame about the dolphins, it absolutely breaks my heart to think of them in poor conditions! Thank you so much for all of the info, it has been a great help :)

6. Re: Info required...pleAse :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2014, 06:19