We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cats??!

Level Contributor
189 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cats??!

Hi guys :) i was in greece this summer expecting cats to be a huge problem but we only encountered one cat in one restaraunt (much to my delight)

I do like cats but in restaraunts they are a HUGE problem for me, so much so that I would be inclined to leave if a cat came into a restaraunt which I was in. I find it unhygenic and just simply annoying having a cat around the table etc...

Can I avoid cats in Kusadasi restaraunts??? Are there restaraunts that dont allow cats? Any info greatly appreciated, i have not been to turkey before so not sure what to expect. Thanks :)

Level Contributor
347 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cats??!

Have not seen one cat at any of the restaurants this year, have been in Kusadasi for a few long

holidays and we are here presently and have not seen one cat in the last week or so, they must have had complaints in the past as there are no cats around this year !

Give CIMINOS restaurant on the promenade a try , great food and reasonable , Have a great holiday, if coming soon bring a jacket for evening time.

Level Contributor
189 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cats??!

Brilliant, thanks very much for the info. Will definately give this restaraunt a try! Thanks again

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
664 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cats??!

I've never noticed cats being a problem in Turkish restaurants, but dogs can sometimes be a real nuisance for outside eating. You will see plenty of cats around most historic sites especially Ephesus.

Level Contributor
189 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cats??!

Really? I am such an animal lover, but i have to say i really really hate animals begging for food or walking around my legs while im Eating. It makes me very uncomfortable...

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
42 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cats??!

I'm in Kusadasi and there are quite a few cats around, but mainly on the sidewalks outside the restaurants. The smaller restaurants (e.g. Mom 'n Pop types) seem to be a bit more casual about the animals but I haven't noticed cats INside the larger restaurants. There are cats all over Ephesus and they're starved for affection, and likely a good snack too!

Ireland
Level Contributor
341 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cats??!

I must agree with Daisey.

Helen

Level Contributor
189 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cats??!

Really? This is a real problem for me...im afraid i wont enjoy my hol because of it :/ can the cats be avoided or are they the type who follow you/look for attention? I mean in Kusadasi centre now, I will most likely skip ephesus as I will be too uncomfortable there as I have heard there is a large number of cats there. Thanks,

Gippsland, Australia
Level Contributor
465 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cats??!

Seriously, I would not skip the awesome ancient site of Ephesus because of a few cats! When I was there in August I saw 3 cats- they were all sleeping on the cool marble of the ancient latrines and didn't even wake up. They certainly didn't follow us around begging for food. Throughout Turkey I saw cats but none of them followed us or came up begging for food. Some tourists feed them in the restaurants and then they will all hang around those tables that do but if you don't feed them they leave you alone. I would keep some scraps of food for them and feed them outside the restaurant, that way they don't become a problem for people that don't like cats around while they are eating.

9. Re: Cats??!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Kusadasi