We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

After Epheseus is Pregamon worth visiting?

Which Kusadasi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
12 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
After Epheseus is Pregamon worth visiting?

Hi,

I plan to take daily tours to Ephesus, Priene-Miletus-Didyma & Pamukkale on three consecutive days from Kusadasi.

After these is Pregamon worth visiting? OR should I devote the next day touring Kusadasi?

I have bad knees . How steep are these ruins? Will it be possible to climb up to Priene?

Looking forward to your advise.

Thanx in advance.

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: After Epheseus is Pregamon worth visiting?

Priene is a beautiful place but I find it very hard work. You might want to stay at the tea-house down in the village, as I do when friends visit (I've been up there often enough already!) If you're doing Miletus and Didyma the same day (they're mostly on the flat), that's a long day anyway.

Your extra day would be best spent looking around Selçuk town especially if you're there for the Saturday market.

Pergamon is a great site (but you'll have seen enough by then) - there's a new cable car taking you from the buses to the Acropolis, but I noticed that foreign visitors were having trouble even negotiating the ancient cobbled road at the top. Pergamon is more than 3 hours from Kusadasi, so I wouldn't bother.

If you can find someone who'll take you to the ruined temple of Apollo at Claros, all the better. That's only 40 minutes from Kusadasi.

2. Re: After Epheseus is Pregamon worth visiting?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Kusadasi