We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Kusadasi right for us?

London
Level Contributor
654 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Is Kusadasi right for us?

Hi all. Never been to turkey before. I am currently research ing ai hotels. This is he best option for me an my family the surmefi efes is looking a strong contender. However just starting out im not sure kusadasi is best for my family. Would I be wrong in saying it may be suited to a more older type of person?

We are a young minded family with 2 boys 13 an 10we want to have lots of fun..dont want to be tied down to the resort. We want to do watersports , sit down at bars with good dance music in the background, camel riding/quad...just that type of fun stuff...we also want lively busy markets...I want to experience all turkey has to offer. Can kusadasi offer this or shld we cnsider bodrum/marmaris? Although kusadasi sounds beautiful I seem to get tje impression it would be more of a sedate holiday. .whats ur opinions? Am I completely wrong?

1. Re: Is Kusadasi right for us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 13:35
2. Re: Is Kusadasi right for us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 January 2014, 15:35
scotland
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Kusadasi right for us?

Yes I think it would be great, understand why you fancy ai, but surmeli is too far out for you family. Look at the ladies beach area, rather than anything with efesin the title or somewherd like kuster club. The exchange rate is very good so if yoh book direct with some of the lesser star hotels such as the ponz but go for location and freedom, yoh will have more spending moneh to spend as you please on excursions and meals out. From the description of your family it sounds like you wouldn't get the most out of aI and the food can get very repetitive. There is lots to do in kusadasi, for all ages.

London
Level Contributor
654 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Kusadasi right for us?

Thanks so much for your responses....Yes the Surmeli does seem rather far out..what about the Tusan or Fantasia Deluxe...these look good also. Are they closer to the livelier resort? The more I see Kusadasi the more I would like to come.

Mentioned in this post
Tusan Beach Resort
Tusan Beach Resort
1,820 Reviews
Kusadasi, Turkey
Kusadasi
Kusadasi
Aydin Province, Turkey
Level Contributor
360 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Kusadasi right for us?

Fantasia Hotel is beautiful but again far out of town, have a look at the Charisma Hotel, really good and in

the town of Kusadasi so you do not need a bus.

Mentioned in this post
Kusadasi
Kusadasi
Aydin Province, Turkey
scotland
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Kusadasi right for us?

Sorry once again too far out, look at the palmin, the sealight, the ponz, all ladies beach area. The charisma is in a great location, but not great for kids, it is close tl busy roads and the nearest beach is town beach. Kustur at pammucak is also not too far out

A bit on kusadasi geography, kusadasi lies north to south alomg the coastline. The town and harbour are on a rocky bay with smallish cliffs on the north end and south end. To the north the next beach up is pammucak, kuster is in this area, further north is aquafantasy and lots of Turkish 5 star hotels with efes in their name. Beyond the town to both north and south the beaches are spectacular. The north end - the efes end are do not have much in the way of facilities in the samecway as the south beaches are. The south beaches have promenades, restaurants, bars, shops etc. The north end hotels are great for people who want to spend most if their time in the resort, surmeli, richmond, aquafantasy etc. The hotels in town are more suited to those who want dont mind busy and like to stay out later or are travelling to sevefal different resorts. You will need to travel a bit to get to a ddcent beach. South of the town is ladies beach, then long beach, all the way to the national park beaches. The closest ladies beach is the busiest, the further away you go the quieter it gets. This area is great for people whk like their beaches bustling, with lots of facilities. Great for kids and the parents as well

scotland
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Kusadasi right for us?

Sorry got cut off, reading your description, I think you would be happiest at ladies or long beach areas, or kuster

Edited: 22 January 2014, 18:47
OFFALY
Level Contributor
51 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Kusadasi right for us?

Thanks gibson123 very clear post. We have booked ladies Beach Hotel for 2 weeks in May. Right on Ladies beach and easy access to town central. How busy will the beach be last two weeks in May?

Mentioned in this post
Ladies Beach
Ladies Beach
1,644 Reviews
Kusadasi, Turkey
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
462 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Kusadasi right for us?

Hi gibson123. We are staying in Kusadasi for 2 nights before travelling to Samos for the week. Can you recommend any decent hotels, not mega expensive. We have looked at the Grand Onder, and the Istankoy. Am I right in assuming these are close to where the ferry departs. Tia.

Mentioned in this post
Samos
Samos
485 Reviews
Samos, Greece
Kusadasi
Kusadasi
Aydin Province, Turkey
OFFALY
Level Contributor
51 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Kusadasi right for us?

We stayed in Instankoy sister hotel in Bodrum, great hotel at a budget price, I believe the location in Kusadasi is close to the Port, so you cannot go wrong if you are looking for good vale accomodation.

Mentioned in this post
Bodrum
Bodrum
Mugla Province, Turkey
Kusadasi
Kusadasi
Aydin Province, Turkey