We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

duty free

Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
203 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
duty free

Can anyone advise me where I am better buying my cigarettes from ? In the UK airport or on my way back from Bordrum airport ? I'm looking to buy Benson and hedges and sometimes have problems getting them in the resort's . I will take some to do me while there just in case ?

Thanx

Karen x

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
6,303 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: duty free

Bodrum is usually cheaper but take the price list off the plane on outgoing flight to compare. Also only buy at the airport as there are a lot of fakes that can be toxic being sold by street traders.

Level Contributor
355 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: duty free

I always buy mine at the duty free on my way home but the duty free will be open in

the airport when you arrive so you can get some there for your holiday. They are

very cheap in Turkey.

Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
203 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: duty free

Thanx for that

I never thought of cigarettes being fakes! I will take your advice

Karen x

Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
203 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: duty free

Oh and hotsunlady, will they still be at duty free prices even though we are on arrivals x

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,595 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: duty free

Yes Karen, the prices at the duty free shop on arrival at Turkish airports are the same as when you are departing.

Jak xx

Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
203 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: duty free

Great news Jan

Much appreciated

Karen x

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: duty free

kar, bit of info on the airport,if you eancy a kipp,,lol,,,and the cigs,get at airport when going,,put in hand luggage,,and coming back get at bod airport there cheaper,,and likes bin said there fakes in the town , not all but some,,very bad for you

sleepinginairports.net/europe/bodrum-airport…

Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
203 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: duty free

Cheers for the info !

Much appreciated

K x

london
Level Contributor
47 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: duty free

depends on which airline your flying with but on Thomas cook flights most brands are 400 for £50 which I have found hard to beat even in the airport duty free

I hope this helps

paul

scotland
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: duty free

World duty free glasgow airport, if you sign up for their website, they will send you money off vouchers. Don't believe the touts at bodrum airport, they didn't change the lawcwhen you were on holiday and increase the amount to unlimited. You can still only take in 200 cigs legally