We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shops or markets?

Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
199 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Shops or markets?

Hi

Iv looked on YouTube and the market looks fab in kusadasi but what do you guys advise , looking for good copies in handbags but obviously want the best prices ! So is it shops or markets the best in your opinion

Getting mega excited. ! 4 weeks to go

Karen x

Ireland
Level Contributor
341 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shops or markets?

I buy my bags in the shops. There is a place at the end of Ladies Beach and up the hill a little on the right. I find him honest and helpful.

Level Contributor
344 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shops or markets?

The bags in the market are cheap and cheerful, mostly plastic but at 3 for 20 euro

you can pick up a few that are alright for work !

There are 100's handbag shops in the town so you can pick and choose, every second shop has

bags and my advice is not to buy the first one you see because you will only see a nicer bag five minutes

later. Take your time and look at loads and then bargain for the ones you love.

The shopping is amazing, my tip to you is pack your case then reduce it by half and you will be glad as they

are very strict weight wise at the airport. You will love Kusadasi.

Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
199 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shops or markets?

Great info ladies

Much appreciated

Karen x

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
324 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shops or markets?

Yes absolutely, good guide in previous post - shop around. However, you can haggle the price down in the markets - you can find good fakes or genuine copies with designed logos "Gucci", "Nike" etc. - who else would know its not the real thing back home? You'll get loads of choice in the markets, but always offer half to one-third of the price the sellor says - you should end up half way between. Haggling is expected, so never pay the first price quoted. If you say "no thanks" they will come after you with a further discount or let you have it for a very reasonable price" ! Suggest being a little wary of sellors who say items are genuine designer goods - fakes flood the markets && shops, so I should try to get recommendations of shops which supply genuine designer leather bags if that's what you want.

Happy shopping!

Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
199 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shops or markets?

I'm so excited ! As most girls do I LOVE handbags !

X

6. Re: Shops or markets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 05:16