We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lovely place but...

Izmir
1 post
Save Topic
Lovely place but...

My fellow females, kusadasi is a fantastic holiday destination. I've visited ephesus city, ladies beach and I've have done the Turkish bath (totally recommend it) I still have plenty of activities for the rest of the week but I'm seriously considering on going back to the uk asap. Men and when I say men, I refer to Turkish men are extremely creepy, always staring and trying to get a hand on you. Yesterday I decided to go to long beach with my sister, lovely day it was until two men in their late 30s started following us, trying to know where we were staying etc. eventually we had to literally run away as they were following us everywhere we moved. After half an hour of creepiness We had to get away and get the first cab we could. The creepiness of these men have definitely ruined our holiday as you can't never relax, there's always a weirdo staring at your private parts. Even if you are wearing a dress covering from neck to toe.

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
5,937 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lovely place but...

How awful, i hope your next vacation is not as scary and dissapointing.

scotland
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
3,214 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lovely place but...

Unfortunately there are creeps in holiday resorts, they would not act like this with Turkish girls. However don't cut your holiday short. If men look at you or try to touch you, show your feelings, give them the hard stare and look at them in disgust. If they pester you tell them you are not interested and tell them to f off. They will understand. Stand your ground in public places, don't smile and try to laugh it off out of politeness. It is not alright and most Turkish people are on your side, and if it is obvious you are annoyed and upset at the attention, will soon tell them off.

There are many places you can go where you will be looked after, pick the places with older couples and families. I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lovely place but...

the men are all looking for a UK passport unfortunately ...it is the same all over Turkey (and many other countries too) .... a fimr "go away" should solve your problem, it did for me when I was there

Turkish bath - which one did you use and how much did it cost?

NZ
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lovely place but...

Please don't go home early. There are so many great people there it is so unfortunate that a few ruin it for everyone. Gib is right - stand your ground. Glare at them and tell them to get lost.

Go to places where there are families and preferably Turkish ones as they aren't happy with seeing this type of behaviour either.

Unfortunately this sort of behaviour tends to be more obvious in areas with high tourist numbers, low employment and wages and many on holiday are seen as rich and therefore a target for false friendship for presents and ultimately that grand prize of all - a visa to a country where life may be easier.

The well educated and mannered don't do things such as you describe.

Try to relax and enjoy the rest of your trip.

5. Re: Lovely place but...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 06:15