We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First holiday. very nervous

Which Kusadasi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
First holiday. very nervous

Hi. Im going to kusadasi at the end of September and having never been abroad before ive no idea what to expect and getting all sorts of stories off people about turkey. Just wondered if theres any tips about kusadasi in particular. Eg. Money tips and places to go to? Thanks in advance.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First holiday. very nervous

Ignore those who are putting you off about Turkey, I find that the majority of people that put it down have never been. I much prefer it to the likes of Spain and Portugal.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
815 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First holiday. very nervous

Hi.you will love turkey.change about £50 into lira,take sterling with you and change it there.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First holiday. very nervous

Turkey is a great place for your first time abroad as the people are really nice and welcoming. Just take the same precautions as you would at home in terms of personal security , personal belongings etc and you will have a wonderful holiday

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,635 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First holiday. very nervous

My tip is to ignore all those people trying to put you off! Turkey is a lovely country and I am sure you will have wonderful holiday. Do as you would at home, ie look after your possessions, don't take risks with personal safety etc. and you will be fine.

You will find the people in Turkey very friendly but if you have never experienced it before you may find it a little overwhelming when you are out and about shopping or wandering about the town. they will try to get you to go into their shop or restaurant and the best way to deal with it is to say "no thank you" and just walk on.

Don't forget to get your e-visa before you go from the official website: https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First holiday. very nervous

Also bring your sun cream from home as expensive in Turkey and bring some mosquito repellant for night time - Boots have one called Repel which is good. Don't worry about forgetting other items as everything is available there. Make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months after you come home , get you e visa as shown above and relax and enjoy your holiday.

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
64 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First holiday. very nervous

Hi im going to Kus at the end of September as well.There are loads of shops, bars and restaurants to choose from. Thursday night in the restaurants is traditionally Turkish Night with belly dancing, break dancing troup, waiters dancing - its an enjoyable night. Plenty of places in town have other entertainment as well such as singers etc. There is the Golden Oldies Karaoke Bar - just go in and have a sing. Of course there is Bar Street with an array of disco bars(drinks can be more expensive in Bar Street). As for being overwhelmed with people trying to get you into shops etc - Kusadasi passed a law a few years ago that staff in shops and restaurants etc are not allowed to hassle you any more or else they get closed down - they will try to chat to you but if you're not interested just say no thanks and walk away. In the day there are several beaches and beach clubs to go to. Also a walk round pigeon island or a boat trip. Also there are markets in Kus as well as the surrounding towns both for clothes and food. A big one is in Selcuk - you can get a dolmus bus there for not much money. There are trips you can go on to Ephesus, Virgin Marys House, Pammukale, Sirince village. There is plenty to do and see. Re money - as stated previously iI would take about £50 in Turkish Lira and the rest in Sterling and change it there (exchange rate is way better in resort but dont change it at your hotel). Weather will be sunny in the day, possibly cooler at night. There are mossies so take bug repellant. Above all have great time. See you in Kus

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
815 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First holiday. very nervous

We too are going to kusadasi end of sept going from Manchester on thomson airways.never been to kusadasi really looking forward to it.from what I have been reading on here it looks great 40 sleeps to go.excited

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First holiday. very nervous

Thankyou for all the great info. As for changing money over there how would I go about that and where?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First holiday. very nervous

Thankyou for all the great info. As for changing money over there how would I go about that and where?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First holiday. very nervous

Easthull are you going on the 27th?

Get answers to your questions about Kusadasi
Recent Conversations