We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the bus stop in Canakkale?

Which Canakkale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
121 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Where is the bus stop in Canakkale?

I want to travel from Canakkale to Izmir - probably via Truva.

Where is the bus station. When I search on google maps I find one on the corner of Huseyin Avni Baksi Sk and Ataturk Cd. Is this the best place to go to?

Thank you!

Edited: 21 March 2014, 22:12
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,557 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is the bus stop in Canakkale?

Hmm,no,that is the old bus station.The new otogar is just outside the town.Hopefully I have done this link correctly and you can see it!

https://www.google.com/maps/search/%C3%87anakkale+yeni+otogar/@40.1481107,26.4415554,15z

There are service buses to take you out to it.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,557 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is the bus stop in Canakkale?

No,it hasn't ...duh.Okay so find the map and look to the west of the town centre,for the D200/E87,go past the ceza evi(prison)and you'll see a big junction with the E90 and the new otogar-yeni otogar,is just diagonally across from the junction.

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
121 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is the bus stop in Canakkale?

Thank you. I have found the big junction. Is the otogar on the street - Yeni Sehir Mezarligi ?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is the bus stop in Canakkale?

You can buy bus tickets from the bus companies besides the clock tower across the ferry terminal (50 meters away from Anzac hotel).

You then wait in front of the bus office at the designated time an hour or so before your bus and a courtesy shuttle will pick you up & take you to the otogar for free.

This is what I did whilst travelling to/from Canakkale & is the norm all across Turkey for that matter.

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
121 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is the bus stop in Canakkale?

Thank you ResmeN, are the shuttles once every hour?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is the bus stop in Canakkale?

No, they are timed according to the departure times of the buses.

Ask the bus ticket office next to the clock tower what time the shuttle will come and be present there on time after buying your tickets.

Level Contributor
135 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is the bus stop in Canakkale?

Hello ,

When we come from istanbul to canakkale ,where the bus will stop ?

If its outside the town , do we have to ask for the shuttle ? What do we have to do exactly ?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where is the bus stop in Canakkale?

Metro and Truva have offices at the ferry terminal right in town and will pick you up there. You don't have to get to the Otogar. We did this last week to catch the bus to Istanbul.

9. Re: Where is the bus stop in Canakkale?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Canakkale