We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morning ferry from Bandirma

ukraine
Level Contributor
46 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Morning ferry from Bandirma

I was looking at the bus schedules (Metro, Kamil Koc) and could not find a bus departure that would arrive to Bandirma in time to catch 10 am ferry to Istanbul. Is there any way to leave for Bandirma from Canakkale around 6am?

Mentioned in this post
Canakkale
Canakkale
Canakkale Province, Turkey
4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morning ferry from Bandirma

Why dont you just sleep in Bandirma, there are many hotels realy close to the ferry.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Morning ferry from Bandirma

Unfortunately the earliest bus leaves Çanakkale at 10.00 for this so you need to either book for a later ferry or arrive the day before and spend the night in Bandırma.

Level Contributor
1,015 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Morning ferry from Bandirma

Canakale is very close to Bndirma, stay there for the night and have a nice breakfast in the morning, the hotels are well priced.... I have stayed there a couple of times coming from Ayvalik, although only driving my own car.

Edited: 12 August 2016, 00:05
Mentioned in this post
Ayvalik
Ayvalik
Balikesir Province, Turkey
ukraine
Level Contributor
46 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Morning ferry from Bandirma

I see, thanks for advice. I have already paid for the hotel in Canakkale (before noticing this issue), so can't sleep in Bandirma. I would prefer the ferry but now I think Ill just opt for a long 6 hours bus ride directly to Istanbul. This way I will be in Instanbul around 2 pm. With a ferry on weekdays it would be only 6 pm. Shame they don't have 12:30 pm ferry on weekdays.

Edited: 12 August 2016, 23:42
Mentioned in this post
Canakkale
Canakkale
Canakkale Province, Turkey
Reply to: Morning ferry from Bandirma
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Canakkale