We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Derinkuyu or Kaymakli?

budapest
12 posts
Save Topic
Derinkuyu or Kaymakli?

Hello!

I'm going to spend only 2 days in Cappa in this august, and I want to visit one of the underground cities. What do you think, which should I choose? I'll stay in Goreme and can't rent a car. Are there any buses between these towns?

Do you think I'm able to visit the rock fortress of Uchisar or Ortahisar, and the Pigeon Valley without a car?

Thanks for help!

liloo23

NewYork/USA and...
Level Contributor
486 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Derinkuyu or Kaymakli?

Hi liloo23,

You can rent a motobike and visit many of the site in Cappadocia. I recommend DERINKUYU means DEEPWELL. If you drive from Nevsehir you may drive 10 KM more after KAYMAKLI but it's worth it and better then Kaymakli.

There are some DOLMUS between towns but you can vaste your time if you do not rent car or motobike.

Have a nice trip in Turkey

Sinan Akdeniz

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Derinkuyu or Kaymakli?

Hi: I agree with Sinan. Here's a link: …wordpress.com/2007/… Motorbike is a great way to get around. If you stay in Uchisar you can walk (downhill) to Pigeon Valley. Here's the link: www.hitit.co.uk/tosee/cappy/uchisar.html Happy Travel, LL

budapest
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Derinkuyu or Kaymakli?

Hi!

I'll stay in Goreme, but it is not far from Uchisar, isn't it?

Thanks for the advice both of you, then I'm gonna choose Derinkuyu!!

How much is a ticket to a dolmus appr? Does these cars really departure only when they are full? Just beacuse it could be really waste of time, but I havent ridden motors on my own ever..:-)

Do you know how far is this place "Pasabag" from Goreme?

THX again!

Liloo23

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Derinkuyu or Kaymakli?

It's about 4km from Goreme to Uchisar if memory serves, yes the dolmus leaves when it is full. You might want to consider a walking tour and there are many companies offering such tours out of Goreme, my kids took one and they are great fun. LL

NewYork/USA and...
Level Contributor
486 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Derinkuyu or Kaymakli?

Hi liloo23,

There is NO bus or DOLMUS service between Goreme to any sites like Goreme Open air museum, Zelve Open Air museum, Pasabagi, Red Canyon, Hunters valey and so on.

You may use some DOLMUS service between Goreme and Avanos or Urgup Nevsehir and Derinkuyu or Kaymakli. If you want to see real Cappadocia you have to have TOUR or rent a car or motobike (if you want you may rent a bike too).

If I can find my cappadocia MAP I am going to post link here.

Have a nice trip in Turkey

Sinan Akdeniz

NewYork/USA and...
Level Contributor
486 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Derinkuyu or Kaymakli?

here I found a map for you and you can get more information about CAPPADOCIA

www.clubnatura.com/cappadocia/en/map.html

Sinan

budapest
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Derinkuyu or Kaymakli?

Thanks everyone for the help! I'm looking forward to be there!

liloo23

budapest
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Derinkuyu or Kaymakli?

One more thing!

I'm surfing on the internet and I'm a bit confused.

I've read 3 different names (Pasabag, Monks Valley, Rose Valley) in connection with the Fairy Chimneys..

It has 3 diffr names or what?

THX!

NewYork/USA and...
Level Contributor
486 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Derinkuyu or Kaymakli?

3 different names and places

10. Re: Derinkuyu or Kaymakli?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2008, 17:02