We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is last week of March - a good time to be in Cappadocia

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
894 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Is last week of March - a good time to be in Cappadocia

I'll be in Cappadocia from March 27 - April 1. Is this the rainy or snowy season? Is it still a good time to go & see the places?

Do they offer hot air Balloon for this week?

Thank you for your help

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
265 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is last week of March - a good time to be in Cappadocia

Hi there! Looks like you and I will be there around the same time. My understanding is Cappadocia will be cold around this time-you will want a coat, gloves, etc. It may snow or rain, this is the tail end of winter when the weather is very unpredictable. Im not sure about the hot air balloon but my guess would be probably not. I would contact your hotel and ask.

Urgup, Turkey
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is last week of March - a good time to be in Cappadocia

hi from snowy cappadocia,

Today it is strange that 10 minutes sunny than turns snowy.. It was hot for the last 2-3 days. Changing day by day. Better when we think of february...etc. At the end of march can be hot or cold. It wont be like winter time. Can be about 10-12 celcius degrees. I dont thnik that it will be snowy. you need thick coat and scarf maybe.

Hot air ballooning is OK as it depends on the day. you can arrange it if there is snow or somethng else they give you the money back and cancel your baloon flight.

for further please ask

3. Re: Is last week of March - a good time to be in Cappadocia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 06:36