We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goreme to Selcuk bus info request

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
103 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Goreme to Selcuk bus info request

In August is there a direct overnight bus from Goreme to Selcuk, or do have to go through other cities such as Ankara, Izmar, or Kusadasi?

How long (time wise) is the trip?

What should we expect to pay for the trip?

If there is a choice of bus companies, which would you recommend?

Any information provided will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goreme to Selcuk bus info request

The quickest way would be to fly - SunExpress from Kayseri to Izmir (1.5 hours). It's about 800km by road, so the bus will take about 14+ hours(?) costing approx 70TL(?).

The quickest way by bus would probably be via Konya and Afyon to Izmir (change) and then down to Selçuk. Alternatively via Denizli where you'd probably need to change bus. I'm sure there are night buses on both routes.

I've just looked it up on http://www.biletall.com/ there's a 23:00 bus from Nevşehir to Izmir costing 36TL. Ask at Göreme bus station when you arrive there, they'll be able to tell you the options.

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
103 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goreme to Selcuk bus info request

Thank you for all the great information. I am actually currently booked on the flight you mention. But, my current plans have us in Cappadoccia for only two days and I was thinking of extending the time there by another two days. If I do that there is no flight leaving on the new Cappadocia departure day.

So, the reason I asked for the bus information is that I am trying to decide if I should say with my current plans (two days then fly to Izmir) or make new plans (four days in Cappadocia followed by a long, uncomfortable bus ride).

Any other or further opinions will be appreciated.

Thanks again

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goreme to Selcuk bus info request

It might be worth checking the flights via Istanbul.

Goreme, Turkey
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Goreme to Selcuk bus info request

Hello Countmc;

There is Overnight bus from Goreme to Selcuk at 18:45 from Goreme. From Nevsehir 19:45. Don't worry you can direct bus from Cappadocia to Selcuk. The name of the bus company is " Nevsehirliler Seyahat" Ticket rate is around 60 TL. If you need more informaion please let me know. I can help you.

Best Regards from Cappadocia

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
103 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Goreme to Selcuk bus info request

davidm1 and Cappadociainfo, thank you both for the suggestions and information.

Cappadociainfo, do you know how long it takes the bus to get to Selcuk? Also, do you have an opinion about how comfortable the bus is? For example, do they allow

smoking? Also, my daughter sometimes gets "carsick". So, does the bus travel through any mountains with winding roads?

Thank you again for all of the great information.

Nevsehir, Turkey
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Goreme to Selcuk bus info request

Hello Countmc;

It takes around 13-14 Hours from Cappadocia to Selcuk. Buses are comfortable. But They don't allow smoking cigarettes in the bus. They have break every 3-4 hours. They don2t stop according to customers needs. If your friend has carsick problem, you can take flight Kayseri to İzmir.From Kayseri to İzmir takes 1 hour with plane. Then you can take bus from İzmir to Selcuk. It takes 1 hour from İzmir to Selcuk.

Best Regards from Cappadocia.

Goreme, Turkey
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Goreme to Selcuk bus info request

Hello Countmc;

It takes around 13-14 Hours from Cappadocia to Selcuk. Buses are comfortable. But They don't allow smoking cigarettes in the bus. They have break every 3-4 hours. They don2t stop according to customers needs. If your friend has carsick problem, you can take flight Kayseri to İzmir.From Kayseri to İzmir takes 1 hour with plane. Then you can take bus from İzmir to Selcuk. It takes 1 hour from İzmir to Selcuk.

Best Regards from Cappadocia.

8. Re: Goreme to Selcuk bus info request

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2010, 05:18