We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alaaddin Balloon Company

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Alaaddin Balloon Company

Hi there,

My hotel in Cappadocia is recommending this company and has offered a very good price. Has any one heard of them?

I can't find them on the net.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Alaaddin Balloon Company

Hi,

I have the same question about this company. Even my hotel offered a good price (almost half of what the other most reputed company offers). But I can't find any reviews or any information about that company anywhere on TA or other sites...

Can anyone please help?

Manjusha

Edited: 10 August 2010, 11:37
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alaaddin Balloon Company

Almost half the price of the others?I have never heard of them and I don't recall any mention of them on this forum.They may be very good but the fact that ti is being pushed by some hotels(who will no doubt earn commision)and is so cheap raises serious concerns in my mind.

Ballooning is a fabulous activity to do in this area but it is not without risks and so must be done properly by people who know exactly what they are doing.I can understand the low price being attractive for such an expensive activity but I don't think I would be tempted by it,I think I would rather stump up more money to feel my life was in the safe,experienced hands of a well known and recommended company.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,907 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alaaddin Balloon Company

I agree with the comments from Sari above, and GTTD on the Istanbul forum - safety, not price should be your first consideration.

I also do not recall hearing this company mentioned before, that may be because they are a new company. They may have excellent, experienced pilots - or they may be bunch of chancers. Which hotels are recommending them - perhaps they can assist with showing you the balloon company credentials.

As I understand it, every tour ompany in Turkey must be officially registered with Tursab, and you should check this. You must also be absolutely certain that the company have proper insurance to cover you in case there should be an accident.

Incidentally, you may wish to check your own travel insurance, too. Certainly in the UK, many travel insurance policies exclude ballooning from their standard acceptable range of activities - that in itself should tell you that safety should be your priority.

Edited: 10 August 2010, 19:19
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Alaaddin Balloon Company

Hi Sarik and Heidotheroad,

Better sense has prevailed and we have dropped the idea of Alaaddin balloons. Instead we have booked Kapadokya's sponsored balloon programme (1 hour flight). Thank you for showing things in right perspective!

Manjusha

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alaaddin Balloon Company

Kapadokya balloons are one of the original ballooning companies in the region with a good record and well established.Alaaddin are maybe a new company and they may be fine etc etc but I'd rather let others be guinea pigs than me.Good decision☺

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alaaddin Balloon Company

Hi all,

We also opted not to go with Alaadin baloons and instead with Royal Baloons Queen Flight.

We found the company very professional and had a great flight over Cappadochia.

A really good experience.

Australia
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Alaaddin Balloon Company

I realise this post was started on Aug 6th and my reply maybe a bit belated for the orginial poster but it also may help others. I was in Cappodocia and had a balloon ride with Kapadokaya balloons on the 10/10/10.

Superb, wonderful and something I will never forget.This company were on time for pick up, professional and organised plus we landed the balloon on the trailer!! We were impressed. The guys that helped with the landing and take off were friendly enthusiatic and helpful when getting in and out of the basket-prepared to catch me as I jumped out!!!

Go with a reputable firm, if there is a problem you will not regret the extra money you paid for experience.

My balloon ride was a mother's day/birthday present from my 2 kids which in itself was fanastic but also the fact the the weather cleared up after a cold and very wet day the day before and it was the 10/10/10!!!

Most of all remember to do the ride it was one of the high lights of Turkey and just wonderful.

Lee

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alaaddin Balloon Company

We went with Butterfly Balloons and found them extremely professional.

We were in the air for an hour and a quarter.

The cost was 150 Euros each.

Well worth it.

Nevsehir, Turkey
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Alaaddin Balloon Company

Alaaddin Balloons company is new and has American and Spanish Pilots. And it is one of the rare companies had no accidents yet. Cheap does not mean that they are bad.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alaaddin Balloon Company

Just to echo AslansMum's comments.

We too went with Butterfly Balloons and had a great time, couldn't fault them, very professional. We we in the air for nearly 90 minutes and paid 150 euro each.

I will get round to doing a fuller report in due course