We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kelebek Hotel or Dervish Cave house?

plattsburgh
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kelebek Hotel or Dervish Cave house?

I have narrowed down to these hotels. Which would you suggest and why?

Chicago
Level Contributor
5,255 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kelebek Hotel or Dervish Cave house?

A better way to go is to look at the reviews for each hotel, then PM a few people. You'll get honest responses (+/-) which will help you select the right hotel for you. Not sure if this applies to you, but I've found that places where retirees are really happy staying can be less appealing to travelers in their 20s or 30s. I've gotten really good replies by PM'ing a few people. They make great suggestions, suggest short cuts, things they learned, etc.

HTH -

Edited: 23 August 2010, 01:56
plattsburgh
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kelebek Hotel or Dervish Cave house?

I did check people's posts and they are both rated well. I just need help deciding.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,766 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kelebek Hotel or Dervish Cave house?

You'll be very unlikely to find anyone who has stayed in both hotels to give you a comparison.

Several regulars here have stayed in and loved the Kelebek, but the Dervish also has excellent reviews. Both have an excellent location up a hill for amazing views and both have a similar style so I doubt you'd be disappointed with either.

I'd suggest you email both and see what avaiability they have for your dates and budget. Both hotels are small, especially the Dervish , so your decision might be made by availability.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,035 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kelebek Hotel or Dervish Cave house?

Availability might a problem as well. İ tried to book Kelebek for September but they are fully booked, first check to not get disappointed!

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kelebek Hotel or Dervish Cave house?

Agree with the other messages re availability - check first.

I tried a month ago to book for the first week of October for my honeymoon and the Kelebek was full.

The hotel next door to the Kelebek which apparently is also owned by them - The TaşKonak Hotel - had rooms available and looks just as nice.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,766 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kelebek Hotel or Dervish Cave house?

We stayed at the Kelebek two years ago and at the Travellers Cave Hotel last month. Unfortunately, I have not had time to write a review for Travellers yet, but I'd hapily reommend it - and would be hard put to choose a favourite between the Travellers and the Kelebek.

Sorry you couldn't get the Kelebek, VR and Aslansmum. Where are you staying VR?

The Tas Konak is run by the same people as the Kelebek, so it should be good. I've not visited, only looked at website pictures and descriptions, and the only thing that put me off it slightly, was that the rooms appear to be all off a corridor (as you would expect in any hotel) rather than individual doors from outside which most of the cave hotels have and it's utterly charming and so unusual. Often stepping outside your own little door, there will be a little neuk or terrace you can sit for a while -not actually your own private space, but it feels like it! I could be completely wrong about the Tas konak, of course, would love to hear how you like it - and Cappadocia!

7. Re: Kelebek Hotel or Dervish Cave house?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2011, 07:17