We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uchisar (Argos) or Urgup (Serinn House)?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
49 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Uchisar (Argos) or Urgup (Serinn House)?

My husband and I will be spending three days and two nights in Cappadocia in September. It sounds great, but I can't decide where to stay. Both Argos in Uchisar and Serinn House in Urgup sound appealing. However, not sure if Uchisar will feel too isolated or, if conversely, Urgup will feel too touristy. Any feedback on the two towns or on the two hotels would be appreciated. I've read the hotel reviews posted here and am still wavering.

Thanks!

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
23 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uchisar (Argos) or Urgup (Serinn House)?

I was debating the same two hotels, and decided to stay at Argos.

The hotel is absolutely fantastic, with breath-taking views and amazing service.

I didn't feel too isolated, however, I also had decided to rent a car and drive myself for the three days I was there.

While this is not necessary, it certainly helped me explore the area better.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
49 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uchisar (Argos) or Urgup (Serinn House)?

Thank you so much for your response! It was so helpful. I was still debating last week, but the pictures and reviews of Argos just sound so incredible. Moreover, we're staying in Sirince (near Ephesus) later in the trip and I was thinking that might be similar to Urgup in some ways. Uchisar is smaller and possibly a little less polished. We're really looking forward to the trip and pleased to hear your positive report on Argos. Thanks again.

Cappadocia
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uchisar (Argos) or Urgup (Serinn House)?

Both hotels are totally very different and even their locations.

I too like Argos personally, Serinn is a small inn in Urgup, Argos is a boutique hotel in Uchisar, have terraces, vistas and a restaurant too.

4. Re: Uchisar (Argos) or Urgup (Serinn House)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 10:18