We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istanbul/ Datca/ Cappadocia in 12 days?

Salmiya, Al Kuwayt...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Istanbul/ Datca/ Cappadocia in 12 days?

I will be spending 12 days in Turkey from June 11th-23rd. I will be flying into Istanbul early in the morning on the 11th. My hope is to be able to spend 3 days in Istanbul, a few days of hiking in Datca, and then a few days in Cappadocia before heading back to Istanbul to fly out around 1ish pm on the 23rd.

Is this itinerary at all possible with the limited amount of time that I have? Less than two weeks isn't much, but I really hope to make all 3 desired destinations on my rough itinerary work.

Can anyone suggest the best plan to make sure I cover all of these places (Istanbul-Datca-Cappadocia-Istanbul)? Any advice is incredibly appreciated!

Thank you :)

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,739 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Istanbul/ Datca/ Cappadocia in 12 days?

I don't know about Datca at all, and it looks like no one else does on the Cappadocia forum either. Re -post on the Istanbul and main Turkey forum and hopefully someone will be able to help.

You can easily get an overnight bus or domestic flight from Istanbul to Cappadocia but suspect the travel to Datca might be harder without wasting too much time, or flying back via Istanbul.

PS. I always found it more relaxing to fly straight on to Cappadocia as soon as I arrived in Turkey. It gets the worst of the travelling out of the way as soon as possible, and saves the best part of a precious day packing up and transferring back to the arirport, check in time, etc. Then you can spand your last few days enjoying Istanbul without any pressure knowing you have to get back there in time for your flight home.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,310 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Istanbul/ Datca/ Cappadocia in 12 days?

Holly, You can easily accomplish your plan. I suggest that you spend 4 days at Istanbul, 4 days at Datca, 3 days at Cappadocia, and 1 final day at Istanbul before you fly back home.

You can use "www.bulucak.com" for demestic flight schedules and fares. You can fly to Dalaman Airport from Istanbul and transfer to Datca via Marmaris. On the way to Cappadocia, you can transfer to Fethiye and take an overnight bus by Metro Turizm to Goreme (60 TL). Unfortunately there are no direct flights from Dalaman Airport to Cappadocia. And finally from Kayseri or Nevsehir (Cappadocia) you can fly back to Istanbul.

good luck,

enigma...

Canada
Level Contributor
169 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Istanbul/ Datca/ Cappadocia in 12 days?

It's very do-able, I think. If you're up for it, drive the Datca peninsula too. It's rated as the most scenic drive in Turkey by a Turkish newspaper.

Edited: 28 May 2012, 02:46
Salmiya, Al Kuwayt...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Istanbul/ Datca/ Cappadocia in 12 days?

Thanks so much to all of you. Your suggestions and advice are so appreciated :)

Edited: 01 June 2012, 20:17
5. Re: Istanbul/ Datca/ Cappadocia in 12 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 08:40