We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

january traveling to capadoccia

Boston...
4 posts
Save Topic
january traveling to capadoccia

hello,

was wondering how cold does it get in capadoccia during mid-january. is it tolerable enough to make a quick stop for 2 days? thanks.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,287 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: january traveling to capadoccia

Hi rmdacunha,

January is full winter and is in fact the coldest month for Cappadocia. There can be snow it can be freezing. Nevertheless that would not stop me. With snow it would be even much more like a fairytale. Best would be to wait to book until closer to the time. İn January it is very easy to find flights or a bus ticket and a hotel as well. Be sure to find a hotel with heated water and rooms!

İ thought it was very cold in the cave hotel in November already.

İn my opinion you can travel very flexible in January and the only place where you should book in advance is İstanbul.

Good luck!

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,287 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: january traveling to capadoccia

Here is the state weather website:

mgm.gov.tr/veridegerlendirme/…

Ocak is january...

3. Re: january traveling to capadoccia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about Cappadocia